3–4 days/week at home
Fully flexible hours
Papercup uses AI to dub videos into other languages using the most human sounding synthetic voices you've ever heard.
Leaders in entertainment, news, and corporate use Papercup to leap language barriers and engage more deeply with their audiences, while cutting costs and getting their video content out to international markets faster than ever before.
Last year over 300 million people watched videos translated by Papercup, and our customers include Business Insider, Jamie Oliver, Discovery, and Bloomberg.
At Papercup we really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for. And we're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership.
About the role:
We are seeking a highly motivated Business Development Representative to join our growing sales team. The Business Development Representative will be responsible for prospecting and booking meetings with top media companies. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success as a BDR/SDR in B2B sales, a keen eye for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, and the ability to build relationships with key decision-makers.
You'll be responsible for:
- Exploring new target segments and setting up appointments with relevant prospects through outbound to increase our sales pipeline
- Qualifying and setting appointments with prospects coming through inbound marketing and account-based marketing campaigns
- Help drive opportunities and shape our target accounts through different engagement experiments
- Help shape and establish our sales and business development processes
What we are looking for from you:
- Has a knack for understanding the needs and pains of different customers. You know how to get under the skin of our industry and understand how Papercup can enable growth for different customer types
- Knows how to position technology or AI solutions appropriately based on different segments and job titles and customer needs
- Has a great track record of appointment setting and business development in other fast-growing startups
- Has experience working with marketing teams to make sure the entire sales and customer journey is seamless and on-brand as possible
- Has experience in using CRM systems (Hubspot or Salesforce) as well as sales automation tools to help with business development
- Would ideally have experience working in sales teams targeting 'enterprise' and large organizations that have multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers.
How do you know if you’ll love working with us?
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for.
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership.
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of £40,000 - £45,000 depending on experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hybrid working: flex between WFH and time in our Aldgate office (around 2 days per week)
- Private medical cover or monthly wellness bonus
- Learning budget and 'reading week' to carve out time to up skill in your domain
- The usual food and fun perks: snacks, beer fridge regular team socials, annual offsites
Please note we’re not looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, if you have some of the skills listed above and are willing to learn, you’re the person for Papercup.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A
What employees are saying
"I love how management leads by example in terms of unlimited holiday, taking time off, and really disconnecting, which helps to send the message to everyone in the company that this is how we expect time off to look."
Anonymous Papercup Employee