We’re on a mission to make the world's videos watchable in any language
Papercup uses AI to dub videos into other languages using the most human sounding synthetic voices you've ever heard.
Leaders in entertainment, news, and enterprise, such as Jamie Oliver, Business Insider and Bloomberg, use Papercup every day to leap language barriers and engage more deeply with their international audiences. Last year alone over 350 million people watched videos translated by Papercup. But this is just the start - billions of hours of video are stuck in a single language - our technology will fundamentally change that and make videos watchable in any language.
We’re more than just an AI startup - we also care deeply about our people. We want people to feel fulfilled, rewarded and genuinely happy at Papercup. That’s why creating and fostering the right culture matters to us and why we’re committed to building a company that people are proud to work for.
If you want to work on a game changing technology and you care about working with a fun, smart and humble team, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
The machine learning team at Papercup is growing and we are seeking an experienced ML engineering manager to help scale our team’s mission to build the world’s best synthetic voices and working to push the boundary of neural text-to-speech and speech-to-speech systems.
- You possess deep understanding of machine learning concepts, algorithms, and frameworks, with a proven track record of successfully developing and deploying machine learning solutions in a production environment.
- You have exceptional leadership qualities, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team, while providing effective guidance and mentorship. You have experience (at least 1 year) managing AI/ML teams composed of ML engineers, data scientists, or applied/research scientists.
- You are capable of formulating a clear vision and strategy for machine learning initiatives, aligning them with the company's business goals. You can effectively evaluate trade-offs and make data-driven decisions to achieve optimal outcomes.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience collaborating with and influencing cross-functional teams, including software engineers, product managers, and data engineers.
- You thrives in a fast-paced startup environment and can navigate ambiguity and changing priorities effectively.
- You shows a passion for staying up-to-date with the latest trends, research, and advancements in ML. You actively seek opportunities for self-improvement and encourages a culture of continuous learning and knowledge sharing within the team.
It comes down to technology, people and the role.
Technology: Amidst the buzz around generative AI, we've built a unique, ground-up solution that has benefited hundreds of millions of people.
People: we’re a good bunch of people. Smart yet humble. Ambitious yet pragmatic. And we make sure to enjoy the journey - company breakfasts (bagels are a favourite), newly introduced 5-a-side, Papercup University, and much more!
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- A salary of £110,00 - £120,00 Depending on experience
- Substantial equity package
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working options, 2-3 WFH
- Private medical cover or a monthly wellness bonus
- The opportunity to learn - enrol in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Food and fun: free snacks, Tuesday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual off-sites, the best Slack banter you can find
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A