3–4 days/week at home
Fully flexible hours
Papercup uses AI to dub videos into other languages using the most human sounding synthetic voices you've ever heard.
Leaders in entertainment, news, and corporate use Papercup to leap language barriers and engage more deeply with their audiences, while cutting costs and getting their video content out to international markets faster than ever before.
Last year over 300 million people watched videos translated by Papercup, and our customers include Business Insider, Jamie Oliver, Discovery, and Bloomberg.
At Papercup we really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for. And we're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership.
About the role:
We are seeking an energetic and committed recruiter and community manager conducting talent search campaigns for freelancers, for linguists, video editors and proofreaders. The Community Manager is the first point of contact with Papercup, supporting new freelancers from the initial engagement and on-boarding process all the way through to ongoing training and support. Our Localisation Operations team sits at the heart of our business and as we head into a period of ambitious growth, it’s incredibly important to us that we’re working with the best freelancer talent to provide high-quality videos to our clients.
What you will do:
- Recruit freelancers for video localisation, video editing and proofreading
- Evaluate different recruitment channels and sources
- Manage and prioritise recruitment requests from the Localisation and Machine Learning Teams.
- Monitor communications with freelancers throughout the recruitment process and track their progress from the first contact through to onboarding and training and continue to support them in their Papercup journey.
- Continue to build, manage and optimise our Papercup freelancer community, measuring satisfaction, retention and addressing any key concerns.
- Support Localisation Lead to continually improve our workflow and processes
- Proven recruitment/vendor management experience in a fast-paced, client-facing environment, in a translation or localisation agency
- Ability to adapt and excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively and across cultures
Nice to Have
- Fluency in English is key but any additional language skills are a huge bonus
- Experience with Video, Audio or Media industries, ideally in subtitling or dubbing
- Enthusiasm for technology
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hybrid working: flex between WFH and time in our Aldgate office (around 2 days per week)
- Private medical cover or monthly wellness bonus
- Learning budget and 'reading week' to carve out time to up skill in your domain
- The usual food and fun perks: snacks, beer fridge regular team socials, annual offsites
Please note we’re not looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, if you have some of the skills listed above and are willing to learn, you’re the person for Papercup.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A
What employees are saying
"I love how management leads by example in terms of unlimited holiday, taking time off, and really disconnecting, which helps to send the message to everyone in the company that this is how we expect time off to look."
Anonymous Papercup Employee