At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that can generate synthetic voices across languages - each of which sound just like humans. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of BBC, Discovery, HSBC, and Canva to reach over 300 million people globally.
Having recently raised a $20 million Series A round, we’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
We are driven, curious and passionate - our company culture is imperative to us and we set a high bar for those who join the team.
About the role
You will be working closely within our Platform team to improve office networking, device management, and automation set-up, and refine our onboarding/offboarding processes. You will be part of the Platform team, whose goal is to ensure that all teams have optimal tooling to achieve their goals.
As we scale our teams, you will play a critical role in ensuring everybody has all the necessary tooling to access the systems securely and quickly by automating the set-up as much as possible. At the same time, your work will aim to yield quality of life improvements to on the company level in terms of IT systems.
What you will do:
- Manage fleet of devices (Macs/Linux) via Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions
- Set-up process process for requesting, repair and replacing company equipment such as laptops and conferencing devices
- Working with the teams to automate onboarding processes
- Sharing your knowledge and experience with others in the squad
- Working with the Platform team to make sure that our devices are secure, and help us achieve security and governance certifications such as ISO 27001
- Working to solve problems together continuously improve the way the team operates, and making sure everyone is productive, happy and efficient
- Help to manage our in-house GPU servers (Optional)
What we are looking for from you:
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with large amounts of ambiguity every day
- You're passionate about technology and giving the best possible user experience to the members of the company
- You've experienced troubleshooting Mac, Windows or Linux in the past, and can bring this experience with you and hit the ground running from day one
- Familiarity with user directory services (Okta/Active Directory etc)
- Experience with Google Admin tools to manage resources
- Skilled in management of networks and networking capabilities (Firewalls, routers, Wi-Fi etc)
- Good knowledge of secure IT infrastructure principles
Nice to have:
- Experience programming (Python)
- Experience administering & managing server infrastructure
- Experience working in high growth and distributed SaaS product organisations
- Working experience with one of the major cloud providers (GCP/AWS/Azure)
- We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
- We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary of £50,000 - £60,000
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Hybrid working: flex between WFH and time in our Old Street office (around 2 days per week)
- Private medical cover or monthly wellness bonus
- Learning budget and 'reading week' to carve out time to up skill in your domain
- The usual food and fun perks: snacks, beer fridge regular team socials, annual offsites
Please note we’re not looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, if you have some of the skills listed above and are willing to learn, you’re the person for Papercup.