3–4 days/week at home
Fully flexible hours
At Papercup we’re on a mission to make the world’s videos watchable in any language. We’ve invented a patented AI system that generates humanlike synthetic voices across languages, allowing people to watch video content in the language of their choice. Our translated and dubbed content has allowed the likes of Insider, Discovery, Sky News, and Bloomberg to reach over 300 million people globally in just the last year.
Following a $20 million Series A round, we're on the hunt for top talent to join our ambitious mission. We’re backed by some of the industry’s heaviest hitters - venture funds like Octopus Ventures, world-renowned angel investors including Des Traynor (co-founder of Intercom) and John Collison (co-founder of Stripe), as well as global media groups like Sky and Guardian Media Group.
At the heart of our business, we have a Localisation Operations team that is responsible for the delivery of all localisation services to our clients. As we scale, the team is working on a number of meaty challenges - ranging from how to balance increasing automation with a human-in-the-loop AI system through to how best to flex a freelancer workforce to meet elastic customer demand. This is where you come in!
As Head of Service Delivery, you’ll be joining at a critical time to:
- Provide strategic and operational oversight to the service delivery arm of Papercup
- Own key delivery metrics and KPIs - beyond just monitoring, you’ll be working cross-functionally to make improvements to everything from efficiency to gross margins.
- Work closely with our Product team to help identify, prioritise and shape new product features that we can leverage to improve our tool.
- Work with our Customer team to translate evolving customer requirements and implement continuous improvements to service delivery processes that improve efficiency and customer satisfaction. You’ll also be working with the Customer team to help set priorities for the rest of the company to execute on.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- A proven track record of leading teams focused on scaling operations within a start up / product-focused business
- Experience working closely with commercial teams and strong handle on business metrics essential
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in product management, project management and/or process improvement all a bonus
- Familiarity with core KPIs for a Series A business
- While experience within localisation is not a prerequisite, the ability to manage and motivate a team of project managers, translators and editors is necessary
We really care about our people - culture matters deeply to us and we are committed to building a company that people are proud to work for
We're growing fast. That means you can help grow the business from the ground up and maintain a lot of ownership
Apart from all this good stuff, what else do we offer?
- Competitive salary up to £100,000 - £110,000
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Flexible working options, 2-3 WFH
- Private medical cover or a monthly wellness bonus
- Options granted to everyone to benefit from the growth and success of the business
- The opportunity to learn - enroll in courses or conferences or take a reading week to improve your skills
- Food and fun: free snacks, Tuesday breakfasts, monthly team socials, annual offsites, the best Slack banter you can find
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Papercup provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Papercup is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Papercup
Gender diversity (male:female)
London - Aldgate
$20m Series A
What employees are saying
"I love how management leads by example in terms of unlimited holiday, taking time off, and really disconnecting, which helps to send the message to everyone in the company that this is how we expect time off to look."
Anonymous Papercup Employee