What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be helping to drive our product and engineering department forward, working on different parts of the Paddle ecosystem and helping our Software Sellers sell their products on a platform they trust and rely on.
Our Engineering Department is split into 8 cross functional Product teams, along with an SRE, Core, Security, and Data team.
Our Product Engineering teams are made up of an Engineering Manager, a Product Manager and between 4 - 8 engineers, depending on the demands of the team.
You are empowered to use the right tech for the job and you’ll have the freedom to input into what technology and tooling are used and educate the rest of your colleagues accordingly.
- Go for our new services
- PHP and Laravel for our legacy system
- AWS ECS for running containers in production
- AWS SQS and EventBridge for our asynchronous message queues
- PostgreSQL for persistent data storage
- Redis for key/value store
- Terraform and Cloudformation for infrastructure management
- LaunchDarkly for feature flags
What you'll do:
- Develop high traffic APIs used by hundreds of thousands users per month
- Engineer high-performance background workers for consuming queues
- Practise DevOps, you’re responsible for getting your code to production and supporting it
- Use the latest AWS services available to run your code
- Help design a stable platform to support phenomenal growth
- Mentoring and coaching other engineers
- Play a part in an agile team, either kanban or scrum as needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a development background with Go
- You have experience designing and building systems to handle high traffic at scale in a cloud-based environment in AWS
- You enjoy collaborating with our technical and non-technical departments
- You proactively find ways to improve the code and team processes
- You have a strong understanding of the development process - from design through to deployment, maintenance, and what that means for day-to-day development
- You take pride in what you build
- You are interested in what new tools and techniques you could introduce to us!
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your craft, curiosity, passion for learning and what you’ll add to our culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group.
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
We asked employees of Paddle how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina