What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers. That means we take away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
We are looking for a smart and autonomous Business Development Representative to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans. This is an exciting time for you to join: based on the size and breadth of our customers, we are growing like never before!
As a BDR in our Demand Generation team, you are the first point of contact for all of Paddle’s sales efforts. You’ll generate demand, interest, and excitement for our products while partnering to create a steady pipeline of business to arm your counterparts on the Account Executive team. Your core task will be to prospect and develop leads, warm up the relationship and convert them into qualified meeting opportunities for Paddle’s Account Executives.
You’ll actively contribute to our revenue while learning the ropes of a growth-stage startup and the in and outs of sales at Paddle. We take career development seriously, so once you’ve demonstrated you’re consistently hitting quota having mastered the role, you’ll have the opportunity to graduate from a Business Development Representative into an Account Executive role at Paddle.
What you'll do:
- Quickly develop an understanding of our Ideal Customer Profile to target the best fit companies for Paddle.
- Prospect your own pipeline of good fit Paddle accounts.
- Generate conversations from inbound interest and outbound outreach.
- Convert these conversations into qualified opportunities for our Account Executive team.
- Partner with our marketing department to collaborate on in-person and virtual events to generate demand.
- Effectively showcase Paddle’s set of products and best practices through email, phone, Zoom, and social media.
- Manage and prioritise your time so you consistently achieve your targets.
- Consistently attain and exceed target expectations.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a previous Sales / Business Development role as part of a SaaS or B2B company, and are always happy to proactively engage new customers through email and phone.
- You are coachable, accountable and consistent in your efforts to develop knowledge and results.
- You believe in a consultative and human sales approach and understand that every conversation is different.
- You see the benefits of Paddle’s set of products - we strongly believe that our products are helping other Tech companies grow and we want to work with people that are passionate about Paddle and can articulate its value.
- You can operate in an unstructured environment and embrace change.
- You are comfortable generating your own pipeline through outbound sales and cold calling and setting up great foundations with our potential customers.
- You are enthusiastic and ambitious, with a desire to build a career in sales.
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your craft, curiosity, passion for learning and what you’ll add to our culture. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group.
Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We will do everything we can to support any accommodations needed. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture.
We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Paddle provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Paddle is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Paddle
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, NYC, Boston, Salt Lake City and Argentina
What employees are saying
"Paddle have always offered a flexible working from home policy, and with the impact of COVID-19, they have strengthened their approach to this culture. We have an office available if we want to work around the team, or we can work from home whenever we like. It's a great balance! The parental leave is also awesome, we're super dog friendly and have some excellent benefits. I never feel pressured to work particular hours or stress that I have to be in an office."
Anonymous Accounting Team Member at Paddle