Hi. We’re OFX, a global provider of online, international payment services. We solve the complexity of moving money and enable better decisions. Headquartered in Sydney with offices worldwide, we’re a customer-focused business that is all about inspiring customer confidence.
At OFX, you’ll have the opportunity to reach beyond your role and function across disciplines. Make use of your diverse skill set at a business that values your expertise and turn your potential into reality.
The Head of Compliance EMEA & MLRO is a key leadership role in EMEA responsible for the management and maintenance of the compliance program for EMEA, playing a key leadership role in embedding a mature compliance culture, policies, standards, compliance controls in the region. The Head of EMEA Compliance leads the EMEA Compliance team working in collaboration with the Head of Group Compliance and other regional Heads of Compliance.
What you do
“Know your Region”
The Head of EMEA Compliance is a leader of influence in OFX EMEA working collaboratively with the Regional President and the EMEA Leadership team to embed compliance controls and culture in the business. As Head of EMEA Compliance, you will maintain a robust compliance program for the EMEA region, maintain a strategic and operational view of regulatory requirements, be a specialist in local EMEA regulatory reporting and requirements and maintain a well informed and balanced compliance view of the region. You will provide strategic compliance advice to the EMEA leadership team.
Compliance Controls and Maturity in EMEA
- Develop, maintain and oversee mature regulatory compliance management such that relevant and key compliance obligations for EMEA are known and mapped to controls at OFX.
- Embed OFX group wide compliance controls and culture working with internal stakeholders (First and Second Lines of Accountability) to ensure controls are owned, assessed, and operating effectively.
- Develop and own a regulatory compliance radar providing a EMEA forward view of regulatory focus areas, impacts on OFX and submission responses that may be required.
- Establish mature regulatory management for EMEA at both the Federal and State level:
- Effective regulatory relationships - build, maintain and strengthen OFX’s regulatory relationships with all EMEA regulators – FCA (UK), CBI (Ireland), other
- Understanding of regulatory changes and regulatory stance
- Implementation of regulatory change
- Comprehensive regulatory reporting
- Consideration of regulator feedback relating to OFX’s performance
- Approvals for new designated services or delivery channels
- Preparation for and professional delivery of regulatory exams
- Build effective and constructive relationships with regulators in EMEA.
- Ensure complete, accurate ongoing regulatory reporting requirements are met working with internal stakeholders and Regulators.
- No margin for error for key regulatory reports – example EFT reporting obligations by region.
- Collaborate with the Data team to ensure accuracy and completeness of new and legacy reports.
- Implement and embed group wide compliance policies across a range of areas including but not limited to licensing, anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing, sanctions compliance, complaints management, safeguarding and all other core compliance obligations.
- Develop and embed regional specific compliance policies based on regulatory and internal needs and requirements for EMEA.
EMEA Compliance Program
- Manage the EMEA Compliance Program and ongoing compliance with legislative obligations, including:
- EMEA license requirements by state.
- Design and ownership of licensing manuals for EMEA.
- EMEA employee risk awareness training and employee due diligence.
- Management of any complaints made to complaints authorities.
- Communication and reporting to the EMEA subsidiary Boards of Directors and Senior Management.
- Lead Compliance-related projects and initiatives including new license applications, regulatory change projects, changes to platforms or other aspects of the control environment.
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of the EMEA AML/CTF program, manuals, policies, procedures and systems, including:
- Assessing and mitigating risk, in line with OFX appetite.
- Ensuring effective oversight, management and measurement of AML/CTF compliance.
- Commissioning and managing independent reviews of OFX entities’ AML/CTF programs.
- Ensuring appropriate mechanisms for identification escalation of potentially suspicious financial crime activities, along with investigation and associated regulatory reporting.
- Providing advice to Commercial and other functional areas on Compliance requirements and risk management.
- Ensuring processes to allow staff to report violations of the AML/CTF program confidentially to the AML/CTF Compliance Officer, with alternative arrangements undertaken if the AML/CTF Compliance Officer is implicated.
- Oversee initial due diligence and ongoing evaluation of any third-party AML/CTF compliance-related service providers, counterparties and wholesale partners as well as due diligence conducted in accordance with Modern Slavery legislation.
- Keeping relevant records in accordance with AML legislation
- As a key member of the EMEA Leadership Team:
- Provide leadership and contribute to a strong compliance culture in EMEA
- Regularly report to and communicate with the EMEA leadership team in relation to relevant compliance matters, regulatory change and industry news
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of OFX strategic, business and operational plans as they relate to EMEA
- Responsible for reporting to the EMEA subsidiary boards, ERC and ARCC as appropriate
- Develop strong working relationships with the EMEA leadership, with respect to responsibilities for regulatory compliance
- Act as a resource for other areas of the business for timely and accurate advice on a range of compliance-related matters
- Lead a team of compliance professionals responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory and compliance obligations in EMEA.
What you bring
- Tertiary qualifications / professional qualification in a Law, Commerce or Business and/ or technical discipline.
- 10+ years of financial services experience with a strong risk management and compliance background.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a division of a large corporation.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of financial services and AML legislation in EMEA.
- Business process knowledge and broad-based operational perspective.
- Experience working with regulators and managing regulatory relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation as well as with external stakeholders.
- Leadership skills with a strong interest in coaching and developing staff.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-directed, professional, and strong initiative and organisational skills.
- Money remittance / payments experience is preferred though not essential
What it's like working at OFX
We’re OFXers because we want to make a difference. We see challenges as opportunities and we’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves to get stuff done. We’re committed to making things easier for our clients, pushing boundaries and continuing to move with the times so that we can continue to inspire confidence every day and through every transaction.
We operate as one team, cross-functionally and globally to drive outcomes that deliver excellence for our customers. We're curious self-starters who love learning and sharing our knowledge with others. We embrace change and use our initiative and resilience to overcome challenges.
- Always keep learning. We offer LinkedIn learning programs, which all OFXers have access to. We offer a variety of other learning programs and host an annual Open Day to encourage cross functional and soft skill learning
- Giving back, we encourage OFXers to give back to causes and communities that are important to them. We celebrate this with an annual volunteer day, that OFXers can use together or individually
- We promote an environment of reward and recognition, OFXers are encouraged to celebrate their peers’ effort, technical expertise or support through a range of channels and awards
- Our Good Vibes employee-led committees organize events to keep our employees engaged inside and outside the office. Our team wants you to feel welcome!
- At OFX we take a hybrid approach to the way we work. Every individual is different! Instead of prescribing a 'set' amount of days in the office we apply a 'three way test' to flexible working. OFXers agree with their manager a schedule that suits the needs of the individual, our business and our clients. We've been Flexa verified so you can trust we are a truly flexible workplace, check out our page here for more details.
At OFX, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace where we value, respect, and encourage our people to be their authentic selves. With an employee base as diverse as the clients we serve, we know that fostering an inclusive workplace is fundamental to our continued success. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please email us at email@example.com.
We encourage you to apply if this role aligns with your career aspirations.
We asked employees of OFX UK & Europe how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at OFX UK & Europe
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Dublin, Germany (remote)