We are looking for a Support Engineer to join our growing team in London.
At nPlan we are using pioneering machine learning to help major construction projects run on time and on budget. A crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules. As our new Support Engineer, you’ll be working closely with our customer success team and engineering teams to help solve some of the most challenging problems facing the construction industry.
You’ll be joining a world class team, backed by top investors from the US and UK including GV (formerly known as Google Ventures). Our disruptive product is award winning and highlighted by Forbes as 1 of 15 Machine Learning companies to watch
nPlan are growing fast, making now an exciting and unique time to join our team!
What you’ll be doing:
- Take responsibility for smooth resolution of support issues, working directly with Software, ML, and other engineers.
- Define and promote best support practices, directing other engineers’ involvement in the support process.
- Write guides and howtos to empower our users to unblock themselves when faced with issues.
- Work with the development team to inform the product and engineering priorities based on your frontline knowledge of user needs.
- Create tools to automate and optimise the support process.
- Lead by example, tackling support requests (& pairing with other engineers) to help users succeed in using our product to reduce risk on their projects.
You should have:
- Professional communication standards, with very high quality written and spoken English.
- Strong technical debugging, investigation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience providing technical support for SaaS or other software products.
- (bonus) Familiarity with cloud-native platforms, tools, and practices.
The typical nPlanauts are:
- Generally curious about the world.
- Serious, without taking themselves too seriously.
- Able to define their own work independently.
- Proactive about improving the world around them.
- Open-minded about new technical ideas.
- Willing to change their mind on the basis of the evidence
What working at nPlan will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are a cross-disciplinary team, and come from all backgrounds and countries. We offer Visa sponsorship and contribute to relocation costs.
- Fantastic benefits package for Health & Wellbeing, Learning & Development, family leave, weekly team lunches and more.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
Research shows that if women don't have experience in every requirement listed in a job description, they are less likely to submit an application than men. We care deeply about finding the best candidate for the role. If you don't have experience in all of the listed requirements but you feel like the role resonates with you, and you'd be excited to contribute to our development as a company, we'd love for you to apply!
We asked employees of nPlan how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at nPlan
Gender diversity (male:female)
18.5 million USD in Series A funding
What employees are saying
"I appreciate the flexibility offered and feel that I as long as I do my job well, then where or when I do it isn't that important. I make sure I am available and visible for team and external client engagements because that is important to me."
Anonymous nPlan Employee