Business Development Representative
(Base salary + up to 50% commission + equity)
We want to inspire the world to forecast correctly and empower it to tackle risk, thanks to our unique ability to forecast the outcomes of construction projects. We can change how construction projects are planned, managed and executed in a way that has never previously been possible. A crucial part of getting there is being able to deliver deep insights for very large construction schedules.
Your job will be to generate business in the organisations that haven’t yet embraced our services. Given the tremendous value in what we do, it surprises us that they are out there, but that presents a very large opportunity for the right candidate!
Capitalising on the success of our work with the likes of HS2, Network Rail and Shell, we are hiring a Business Development Representative. Reporting to the Commercial Director, we will be looking for you to work alongside the Sales and Marketing team to generate and build new business.
You’ll be joining a world class and very well funded team, backed by top investors and VCs from Silicon Valley and the UK that all believe in the future we are creating. We’ve been on a tremendous growth trajectory for the last five years, and have even more ambitious growth plans for 2023 and beyond, scaling our product and team at an exciting pace.
We know that taking your next career move is a big decision. If you'd like to ask us any questions before applying (role-related or company-related) please use this link to book in a short chat with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Jack.
About the role
Working with very talented individuals, you will have an unrivalled opportunity to learn. As part of a rapidly-growing business,that development will open up a number of avenues in the commercial team. Should you so choose, your role could evolve into one in which you are nPlan’s primary touch-point with some of the biggest heavy-industry players across the world, including the six- or seven- figure deals that cement those relationships.
At nPlan, we're working with some of the largest projects in the world, which means an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us, and what it will look like in the future, from the very first day. We’re already well positioned and, as the lifeblood of our new business funnel, we are looking for someone that will:
- Bring energy and passion;
- Work as part of a team and recognise that whether or not part of this job description, when something needs to get done, muck in to make it happen;
- Be willing to work in a vibrant environment that is still being shaped by the incredibly talented individuals;
- Start each day believing that they are changing the world and will put their head down each night knowing they have made a difference.
To be able to do this, we expect you to demonstrate:
- An understanding of cloud applications or the construction sector;
- Sales experience from a previous role;
- Grit, tenacity and resourcefulness as the journey to success will neither be simple or served on a plate;
- A willingness to learn quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the latter evidenced through your questionnaire response;
- Attention to detail, and that will first be brought to our attention when you mention the word ‘crane’ in your application;
- Alignment with our values -Aim High & Run Fast, Be Radically Truthful and Learn from Everything.
What working at nPlan will be like:
In return, we will shower you with praise and appreciation. And if that’s not enough, we’ll provide you with:
- A basic salary of £35,000 and the ability to earn commission of £17,500 on top of that
- Comprehensive benefits that are continually evolving: if it’s a good addition to the package, we’ll often just decide to incorporate it as standard
- Equity in the business so that you not only benefit from your short-term performance but also your contribution to the success of the business.
You’ll be immersed in a unique culture:
- We are still a relatively small team so there is plenty of opportunity for a high degree of involvement in different areas of our services, and you will be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
- Your voice will always be heard. What you do or say counts, not who you are or where you're from.
- We have three core values that underlie everything we do: Learn from Everything, Be Radically Truthful, and Aim High, Run Fast. These enable us to create a collaborative, inclusive environment where we can move effectively and efficiently to implement the best solutions.
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- Having time to yourself and a private life is important. We offer a very flexible work environment and a generous holiday policy.
What your typical work week will be like:
As a Business Development Representative, you can expect to be spending the majority (~70%) of your time interacting with prospects and the nPlan team. This will include cold calls, pitches, event attendance and internal commercial or cross functional meetings.
The remaining time would be spent on activities to support the development of new business like prospect profiling, territory planning and updating our CRM system (HubSpot).
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options nPlan provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure nPlan is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at nPlan
Gender diversity (male:female)
18.5 million USD in Series A funding
What employees are saying
"I appreciate the flexibility offered and feel that I as long as I do my job well, then where or when I do it isn't that important. I make sure I am available and visible for team and external client engagements because that is important to me."
Anonymous nPlan Employee