The Trend Forecaster will inspire the Partner community with authoritative product guidance through the creation of engaging and forward-thinking content that inspires and guides Partner range development whilst also bringing product inspiration expertise to the wider business to support customer facing inspirational content that ensures Not On The High Street has a distinct place in the market.
- Creating inspirational trend content and guidance that is well designed, succinct, digestible and actionable for our Partner community on macro and seasonal trends, range opportunities across multiple categories and relevant consumer mindset and behaviour information through desk research, comp-shopping and attendance of trade shows and events.
- Designing and managing NOTHS in-house inspiration platform SPARK, working with the Partner team to ensure maximum uptake and ease of use and establishing further platforms and channels to regularly scale the reach of inspirational content to Partners in collaboration with the Partner team, for example, regular webinars and events.
- Managing the inspirational content calendar and collaborating with relevant stakeholders across the Commercial team for use to determine what content we deliver to Partners as well as for use across the business to drive effective planning for all areas in relation to inspirational content.
- Supporting the Curation & Trend Manager to execute against the Curation Strategy in relation to trend and product inspiration.
- Supporting the Category, Ecommerce, Creative and Marketing teams with trend and product inspiration expertise to feed into recommendations and the building of inspirational content for Customers.
Some key skills and experience you’ll need...
- Experience of identifying new product & lifestyle trends and forward-thinking design across multiple categories.
- Experience of using range opportunity analysis to produce tailored creative and inspirational content for a variety of audiences that motivates and supports action is desirable.
- Skilled researcher who is adept in using a variety of content mediums (e.g. social media, blogs, tv & film and magazines) to understand consumer behaviours and how they will influence lifestyle changes and thus product range evolution.
- Proven understanding of customer profiling and experience of having a finger on the pulse of the wider retail market and competitors.
- A visual and aesthetic awareness with an impeccable eye for detail and experience in using creative software to build content.
- Commercially minded, able to translate trends and visions into unique but commercial ideas for development opportunities.
- Comfortable and confident in presenting trend & product insight and opportunities to large groups
- Inherent passion for product and for the small business environment.
- Proven ability to set, meet and exceed targets.
- An excellent multitasker who is organised, highly responsive and has experience working to regular deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visual) with an ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Experience of collaborating within a Matrix team to problem-solve effectively to achieve a common goal.
- Self motivated and naturally proactive.
- Comfortable and confident to work independently to problem solve and make recommendations.
- Can flexibly move between projects and deadlines in a fast paced trading environment.
- Willing to be responsible for end-to-end content production.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and a passion for our products, partners and brand.
What we offer
Our perks It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer BUPA healthcare, Healthshield, life insurance and additional Mental health support through Spill We have also worked very hard to come up with a set of policies that support work/life balance, flexible working, diversity and inclusion that help to reduce the stress of life. We offer 25 days of annual leave plus 8 days of bank holidays and the ability to swap other religious holidays for these We hold regular social events as well as holding hackathons and encourage our team to attend conferences and other L&D or networking events Hybrid workplace We endeavour to support our people to make sure work... well, works for them.
To that end we are trialling out different ways of working - at the moment, we are remote first, getting together in person in London for key moments and to support connection and collaboration. Although this isn't how we're working right now, to join us, you should be able to work in London for 1-2 days per month.
We also offer 45 days work from anywhere (globally) per year. Diversity and Inclusion Diversity and Inclusion are really important to us and that’s why everyone’s welcome at Not On The High Street – whoever they are, whatever their background. As part of your application, you’ll be asked to complete an optional demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us and will only be used to help us figure out how to make our team(s) even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us! We have a DEI focus group as well as affinity groups that have their own budgets and can use this to help serve diversity and inclusion at NOTHS Apply to join #teamNOTHS Our recruitment processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. You’ll speak with one of the team first (30 minutes) who will help you understand the role and company even better, you’ll then speak with the line manager (60 minutes), then a final panel interview (approx. 90 minutes). We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you want to join our team. Good luck!
We asked employees of Not On The High Street how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Not On The High Street
Gender diversity (male:female)