We are Multiverse, a tech scaleup with a social mission. We’re creating a diverse group of future leaders by building an outstanding alternative to college and corporate training.
In June 2022, we announced our $220m Series D raise, making Multiverse a mission-driven unicorn. This funding will help us to accelerate our growth in the US, where we’re committed to tackling the toughest challenges facing those who seek jobs - and those who provide them.
In our first year in the US, we launched over 20 apprentice cohorts at some of the best companies in America, including the likes of Verizon, Visa, Cisco and Box. Globally, we work with over 500 clients and we’ve been recognized as one of the fastest-growing businesses in Europe.
Join us on our journey to democratizing access to the best careers and learning opportunities.
Multiverse is looking for an exceptional Director of Government Affairs to lead the policy conversation around apprenticeships, creating the conditions necessary for apprenticeships to become the debt-free, well-paid, prestigious alternative to college.
You’ll be our most persuasive advocate with US policy makers, and our most trusted expert on the opportunities policy can create. We will back you to have, and win, the debates for a more inclusive model to access the best careers. You’ll be just as comfortable having accountability for actioning grant and policy opportunities across the country. Our ambitions are huge, and so are yours. Together we’ll create tens of thousands of opportunities for individuals from underserved communities, and change the education system forever.
Work with policy makers, think tanks, and like-minded organizations to define and raise awareness for apprenticeships in general, and Multiverse in particular.
Establish a clear strategy and process to access existing grant and workforce funding available at state and federal levels, convening legal, partnership, and go-to-market teams to secure funding.
Advocate for the policies, federal and state, that will create the environment for widespread apprenticeship adoption, both for employers and prospective apprentice candidates.
Lead on bringing an external policy perspective to company decision-making, from product design to regional market expansion.
Bring in net new comms and policy opportunities through stakeholder engagement.
Manage a small team with agency support as required.
You will likely have 8+ years in a policy, legal, or advocacy role, including demonstrable impact in a commercial or start-up environment.
Experience forging, and developing relationships with policy decision-makers at the national level.
Exceptional knowledge of how to navigate political entities in Washington D.C. to effect change.
You are passionate about apprenticeships and their capacity for opening up access to great careers.
You are able to demonstrate a track record of success in advocacy around workforce policy.
You communicate with clarity and simplicity to a wide range of audiences - as comfortable. speaking to early career apprentices as experienced policymakers.
An action-orientated advocate, able to connect public policy with business value.
An enthusiast for data-driven analysis, most comfortable with making arguments that are rooted in facts and logic.
The base salary for this position is $160,000 - $180,000
Access to no-cost and low-cost healthcare options for Multiversers and their dependents. Get care nationally through MetLife and Aetna’s provider networks.
Support as your family grows! Fertility resources through a Kindbody Membership during their beta trial with Justworks. Time off to tend to your growing family with 16 weeks of continuous, fully paid parental leave for primary caregivers.
Access to a 401(k) with a 4% match-up capped at $5,000 per year.
Company-sponsored One Medical membership.
Unlimited text-based therapy with TalkSpace.
Monthly wellness reimbursement.
Multiverse currently offers the following time off types.
20 Days of PTO per calendar year
Life event and volunteer days
Quarterly M-Powered Days to refresh and recharge
End-of-Year Company Shut Down
Time off to take care of yourself and your loved ones including sick time, compassionate leave, and short-term disability.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.
Multiverse requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on disability and/or religious beliefs on an individualized basis.
Right to work
Please note that this role requires monthly travel to our New York City office and regular travel to Washington D.C. We have restrictions in the following states: Hawaii, Alaska, New Mexico, Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Arkansas, or Kentucky. If you live in these states, please indicate so on the application form - proceeding with your application suggests to us that you are open to relocation for this particular role.
We asked employees of Multiverse how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Multiverse
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, New York & Remote
What employees are saying
Especially since our work spans many time zones (US West Coast to UK) there's a lot of flexibility since there are different folks that work together at different times. I can plan early days for when I need to connect with folks that are ahead of me (time zone-wise) or later on days that I'm working with US folks and doing heads-down work. I appreciate that my leaders know that I will get my work done and if I need to go to appointments or take time mid-day, that is supported.
More roles at Multiverse
- Senior Director, Community, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager (US)
- Advanced Data Fellowship Coach for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Advanced Data Fellowship Instructor for Level 5 and 6, UK
- Senior Learning Product Manager
- Product Operations Lead
- Quality Lead, UK
- Data Solutions Specialist, UK
- Product Operations Lead, UK
- Sales Operations Specialist, UK
- Partnerships Manager, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, US
- Learning Product Manager, UK
- Senior Salesforce Administrator, UK
- Senior Privacy and Data Protection Executive, UK
- Support Manager, UK
- Engineering Manager - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- CRM Manager, UK
- Sales Academy Programme, UK
- Strategic Finance Associate, UK
- Commercial Account Executive, UK
- Admissions Director, UK
- Sales Enablement Specialist, US
- Global Director, Product Marketing, US
- Quality Coordinator, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (Southeast Region), US
- B2B Marketing Manager, UK
- Data Engineer, UK
- Global Director, Brand Marketing, US
- Software Engineering Cohort Coach, US
- Software Engineer - Developer Enablement - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (NYC)
- Learning Product Manager, US
- Manager, B2B Marketing, US
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Data Analytics Instructor and Coach, US
- Product Designer, UK
- Enterprise Customer Success Manager, UK
- Global Communications Manager, US
- Principal Product Designer, Remote US (CET/ET) or NYC Hybrid
- Data Coach, UK
- Workplace Manager, UK
- Software Engineer - Remote (UK), Hybrid or Office Based
- Product Manager, UK
- Associate Data Fellowship Coach, UK
- Principal Engineer, UK
- Enterprise Launch Operations Manager, UK
- Enterprise Account Executive (SF/Bay Area), US
- Industrial/Organizational Business Psychologist - Assessments, US
- Head of Global Talent Operations, US
- Compliance Associate (Apprenticeships), UK