Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
About the job
You'll be part of our Vehicle Profiling team, experimenting and developing brand new features to improve the vehicle journey in our platform. This is a greenfield mobile project where you will be owning the delivery new features from the initial build to shipping. With humility, care and respect for other peoples disciplines; the input of your expertise and experience is not only welcomed, it’s expected.
Photos are a big part of Motorway and the native apps will be no exception, utilising a plethora of what modern Android devices have to offer.
- You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team (mobile lead, a dedicated UX and design team, product manager and the mobile engineers) to develop our customer-facing android apps.
- Focused on Kotlin and associated extensions, such as Coroutines you will be building out entire swathes of application functionality from the ground up to expand the functionality of our app.
We’re looking for a passionate engineer who has demonstrable commercial experience delivering mobile applications! to develop our customer facing Android app.
We encourage you to apply, even if you might not meet all the requirements!
- Commercial experience working with Kotlin and knowledge of Kotlin Coroutines
- Commercial experience and understanding of Dependency Injection
- Persistent data stores, for example, Realm or Room or similar
- Working with RESTful interfaces and APIs, including security
- Knowledge of design patterns and methodologies (e.g. MVI, MVVM et al.) (ability to talk about it)
- Firm grasp of testing methodologies (Unit testing, UI testing, Snapshot, Espresso, Roboletric, automated testing etc)
- Proficient communication skills
- A competitive salary
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership and one paid volunteering day per year
- Hybrid working from home (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week)
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories
- Regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where people can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton