Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
About the role
As a People Partner at Motorway, your role is at the heart of our company. You will personally advise & support employees and managers, providing valuable and reliable input. A People Partner will need to be involved in manager decisions, proactively solutionizing and contributing to the overall success at Motorway.
If you want to be a key part of mobilising teams to flourish, acting with integrity & taking us to the next level, then keep reading!
What's in there for you?
- You will take your career to the next level in the people partnering space, working in a fast-growing scale-up within a stable people team.
- You will learn and work very closely with the Head of People and Senior People Partners, having the chance to have an impact in all areas of the business!
- If you're curious, creative, detailed oriented and confident you want to make an impact, then we're looking for someone like you!
What you will do:
- Take responsibility for the management of some ER cases across business, escalating any high-risk cases as appropriate
- Collaborate with senior people partners and department leaders to activate and deliver all core people activities across departments,
- Provide advice and guidance to managers & employees as required, building relationships with key divisional stakeholders
- Champion the development of people management skills within the division, influencing managers to develop their leadership capabilities, constructively challenging and coaching where appropriate
- Support on departmental project work to provide impact on divisional challenges and support the growth of Motorway
- Analytical, with the ability to gather and interpret data, but not afraid to make recommendations based on logic or experience
- A team player, who enjoys collaborating with other People Partners and the specialists within our People function.
- Support on formal performance management within your business areas, and actively support in coaching managers to handle performance cases to a high standard
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure that our employees and managers receive relevant trainings and are equipped with the right tools
- Thrives with continuous improvement and understands the business needs, recommending proactive solutions where there are gaps
- Identify, input and create any new relevant policies needed to evolve & support Motorway
- Support senior people partners on departmental level engagement & developmental activities – inclusive of engagement survey, & 360 feedbacks
You will shine for this role if you showcase your experience in:
- Supporting managers, employees & stakeholders on HR policies & practices with trusted advice
- Strong relationship building skills, becoming a trusted coach
- Ability to analyse data and summarise key findings
- Being organised and meticulous when it comes to detail, especially where others might overlook it
- Delivery from curation to completion on people initiatives/policies
- Identifying gaps and creating recommendations for solutions
- Working well under pressure, cross functionally on multiple projects/deliverables
- Ability to deliver in a timely and recommendation based manner
- A competitive salary
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership and one paid volunteering day per year
- Hybrid working from home (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week)
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories
- Regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where people can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton