Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
The Head of Post Sale Operations will lead and oversee post sale contact centre operations, ensuring exceptional customer service, efficient processes, and continuous improvement. They will play a crucial role in shaping the customer service strategy and leading the contact centre teams (in-house and outsource) to achieve excellence.
The Head of Post Sale Operations will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations, including customer interactions, supplier management and managing and developing high-performing teams. They will play an active role in driving Motorway’s digital and automation agenda. This includes omni-channel CX (adding, embedding and optimising channels) as well as ensuring self service and virtual assistant technology is exceeding customer expectations.
This role requires a hands-on leader that deeply understands operational performance, is ‘in-tune’ with customer experience (Seller and Dealer feedback & sentiment), and is responsive tactically and strategically.
The post sale value chain includes administration processes, Dealer engagement, transport / collection of vehicles and payments. The Head of Post Sale Operations will work closely with operational, product and engineering stakeholders. This requires close collaboration to develop joint plans and goals for initiatives and ensure delivery of the common goal - a smooth, quick post sale experience.
This role will report directly to our Customer Director (Nic Hartley). You will work closely with him to deliver stand-out post sale customer service. This role will work out of our Brighton office where we offer hybrid working one day a week. You would be expected to work in our office 4 days per week. This role internally is titled 'Head of Post-Sale Operations'.
- Results driven: Committed to delivering tangible and meaningful results, persistence to meet or exceed objectives and effective prioritisation to focus on what matters most
- Ownership mentality: take responsibility and accountability towards tasks, projects, or deliverables. responsibilities. A ‘can do’ attitude, takes initiative, seeing things through to completion, and proactively addresses challenges.
- Contact Centre expertise: deep understanding and proficiency in managing contact centre operations
- Analytical mindset: the ability to interpret data, to identify improvement opportunities, and make data-driven decisions.
- Continuous improvement: enhance processes, products, or services incrementally to meet customer and business demands
- Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute the contact centre strategy aligned with the company's overall goals and customer service objectives.
- Team Management: Lead and mentor a team of managers, team managers and agents, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Operational Efficiency: Optimise operations for efficiency, including workforce planning, resource allocation, and technology utilisation.
- Customer Experience: Ensure a seamless and positive customer experience by maintaining high service quality standards and resolving complex customer issues.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and improve contact centre performance, including service levels, response times, and customer satisfaction.
- Technology Integration: Ensure adoption of new contact centre technologies and tools to enhance service delivery, automation and improve customer interactions.
- Dive deep: analysing operational metrics to identify improvement opportunities
- Deliver results: sharp focus on achieving objectives and delivering outcomes, a resourceful individual with a bias for action
- Proven experience in contact centre management in a senior management / leadership role .
- Strong understanding of contact centre technologies and customer service best practices.
- Experience working with outsource partners (broader delivery ecosystem)
- Leadership and team-building skills to inspire and motivate teams.
- Delivered results through dispersed delivery teams - in-house and outsource models
- Ability to successfully deploy process improvements and change initiatives to enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness, taking people on the journey to maximise buy-in
- Experience implementing contact centre technology and automation, and successfully driving adoption
- Competitive salary
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership + 1 volunteering day per year
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme (Octopus EV) - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories
- Regular social events
Equal opportunities statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton