Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for a Finance Business Partner to join Motorway during a very exciting time of growth and scale. Working closely with business leaders, you will help drive business performance, identify and roll-out financial improvements, support the forecasting and budgeting process, and report on the performance of the business. You will partner directly with our marketing team managing sizeable brand and marketing spend.
You will also partner with various stakeholders on strategic / commercial projects for the business; this could involve supporting teams during commercial negotiations, involvement in M&A activity, as well as adhoc commercial support as needed.
This is the perfect role for someone who wants to be part of a fast growing team, with lots of opportunity to make a huge impact. Responsibilities include;
- Building trusted relationships with your business partners to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions that steer business improvements and cost reductions.
- Ensuring that drivers of performance are well understood by business leaders.
- Aiding decision making with data and insight, presenting in a clear, concise and engaging manner.
- Building and maintaining key reporting metrics that drive business performance.
- Supporting the delivery of the annual budget and quarterly re-forecasting process.
- Providing monthly updates on financial performance with variance analysis to plan, looking for ways to improve processes and outputs.
- Contributing to ad hoc financial projects as required as part of the overall finance function.
- Previous business partnering experience in a marketing / brand function
- Commercially minded with a desire to develop a strong business understanding
- A strong relationship builder who builds trust with their key stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills, with the ability to effectively summarise and interpret data
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (Excel/Sheets)
- Stock options - we succeed and fail together as a team, so we want you to be included in our success
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership + 1 volunteering day per year
- Hybrid working from home (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week)
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Regular social events
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton