Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
About the role
Customer Experience is a point of differentiation for Motorway. To make it even easier and faster for customers to interact with us, we will be automating aspects of our customer support operations - introducing a virtual assistant. Motorway has invested in a leading automation platform, and is assembling a team of automation specialists to build out a leading virtual assistant solution.
We are seeking a capable people manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Chatbot Operations team. Reporting directly to the Head of CX Transformation, you will take charge of leading our team of skilled Chatbot Builders. Your primary objective will be to guide the team in achieving our mission of delivering a reliable and efficient chatbot experience. This involves minimising the time customers spend searching for answers, automating tasks, and promptly directing issues requiring human intervention to the appropriate employee. This amazing role offers the opportunity to be part of a team that will set the standard for best in class self-service digital experiences.
You are an ideal fit for our team if you've effectively guided a team of individual contributors, implemented processes and operational standards, and enjoy collaborative problem solving. You enjoy wearing many hats and having diverse responsibilities. Above all, you are a fervent champion for the customer, finding joy in innovation and creating exceptional customer experiences.
Please note that this role is based in our Brighton office.
- Manage a team of chatbot customer experience designers.
- Use data and opportunity-identification methodology to help prioritise the work needed.
- Lead the team to grow the inventory of high-impact chatbot conversation flows.
- Ensure that the team is adapting the chatbot to detect issues and topics in the customer language.
- Assist with the development of the bot operations roadmap and drive to meet quarterly OKRs.
- Monitor performance toward key operational KPIs and track progress over time.
- Work closely with the Knowledge Manager to maintain quality, clarity, consistency and alignment to publishing standards and branding style guides for all chatbot conversations.
- Establish scalable team processes for publishing engaging and effective chatbot conversations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Engage with cross-functional teams, including Product, Engineering, IT, Operations, CRM, Marketing and when needed to understand the details of their business needs.
- Stay current on industry trends and adapt team operations to remain state of the art.
- Lead the team to work in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Lead team members through change and ambiguity.
- A proven track record working in a customer experience, customer enablement, or customer support role.
- Strong people management experience.
- An expert in contact centre operations and channels.
- Previous experience in virtual assistant operations.
- Previous experience in test and learn approaches.
- Meticulous understanding of testing to minimise service disruptions.
- Highly attentive to detail and ready to coach individual contributors who work in a sensitive technical environment, where strict building guidelines are required to ensure functionality.
- Excellent written communication skills and proven ability to make complex topics easy and engaging.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and proactive.
- Methodical, analytical, and data-driven.
- Enjoys receiving feedback from customers and putting their requests into action.
- Able to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Passionate about innovating the customer experience
- Competitive salary
- Stock options - we succeed and fail together as a team, so we want you to be included in our success
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership + 1 volunteering day per year
- Hybrid working - opportunity to work from home one day a week (subject to approval)
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Regular social events
Equal opportunities statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton