Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
About the role
Success in our data team is about enabling better decisions, faster. At the core of this mission sits our data platform team which enables powerful, real-time analytics that empower the wider business at Motorway.
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in the data field whilst making a big impact in a scaling environment? If you do, then we're looking for you!
We're looking for a Data Analyst with an interest in supporting our operational teams and use the power of data analytics to drive our business improvements!
What you'll do:
You'll be part of our operations' team, leading on the measurement of our product performance and customer behaviour. You'll help define the right metrics to monitor the impact of our new features and present findings and outcomes to your key stakeholders. You’ll regularly present data findings in various ways that provide a concise story and effectively explain customer behaviour/performance.
What's in it for you!
- Meaningful development & learning opportunities! — You will form part of a wider data community of Analytics Engineers, Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers. We support each other’s growth and development centrally, share insights, learn from each-other and overcome common challenges through regular showcases, feedback sessions and mentorship initiatives.
- Working with the latest technologies – At Motorway we work with cutting-edge data infrastructure such as Google BigQuery, dbt, Google Data Studio / Looker Studio, Stitch, Lightdash, Rudderstack, Hex, Python and more. You’ll also have plenty of development and training opportunities in a truly innovative and forward-thinking company.
- Great impact in a collaborative environment – Collaboration across the team is key as you will work with a diverse set of skills and personalities. You'll be a member of the central data discipline but will be fully embedded into one area of the business, building close working relationships to support decision-making.
Don't worry if you feel you do not meet all the "requirements". We still want to hear from you! Don't be shy and apply if you feel you could be a great fit for the role!
- Proven background as a Data Analyst (or similar role) in a commercial environment.
- Advanced SQL skills and experience querying large data sets.
- Stakeholder management experience; You’ll have the ability to foster and maintain meaningful stakeholder relationship across the business, and be comfortable managing multiple stakeholders with competing priorities.
- Expertise in the many facets of data analytics, particularly; data transformations, customer journey stitching, root cause analysis and data storytelling.
- You're able to articulate complex concepts both verbally and in-writing to stakeholders and colleagues at different levels of seniority.
- The motivation to make a big impact on our business and a passion for using data to effectively support business decision-making
- A competitive salary
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership and one paid volunteering day per year
- Hybrid working from home (approximately 1-2 days in the office a week)
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced parental leave
- Top spec M1 MacBook Pro and accessories
- Regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal opportunities statement
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where people can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton