Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with line management experience to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
About the role
As a Team Lead within Dealer Support, you’ll support scaling our frontline Dealer Support team at a really exciting time for the business. Reporting to the Dealer Support Manager and working alongside 1 other Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for leading a small team of Dealer Support Specialists focused on helping our customers by ensuring they have a positive experience with Motorway and are engaged to continue using the platform.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring that your team is engaged, supported, and empowered to deliver world-class service for our Dealer customer base; as well as always ensuring they have a positive customer experience. You’ll be experienced in Team Leadership and in all things people leadership and customer, and you’ll use this expertise to train & coach the team, intervening formally when required, to continually improve to deliver great performance and to remove blockers that prevent this.
This role will be working a fixed shift pattern of 9am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday, based in our office in central Brighton.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading and empowering a high-performing team of Dealer Support Specialists and one Senior Specialist, driving them to exceed Customer & Operational metrics across phone and email channels.
- Acting as a role model for Motorway's culture, ensuring that your team embodies our values in their daily work.
- Conducting regular one-on-one (121) meetings, coaching sessions, side-by-side observations, feedback sessions, and team stand-ups to enhance performance, engagement, and desired behaviours within your team.
- Collaborating with peers, team members, and stakeholders across the organisation to ensure that Dealer Support Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and performance metrics are consistently met.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to coach individual team members, helping them achieve both team and personal targets. Provide motivation and support to those who can further develop their skills.
- Regularly analysing and reporting on your team's performance, recognising and celebrating successes while managing performance improvement efforts when necessary.
- Assisting the Dealer Support Manager and other stakeholders in identifying and implementing new processes for increased efficiency, ensuring that your team is engaged and adequately trained for upcoming changes.
- Handling escalated customer contacts, viewing these situations as valuable opportunities for coaching and continuous improvement. The majority of these escalated contacts will be handled by your Senior Team Member, but you will oversee their completion.
- You'll be open to undertaking any other reasonable duties as required to support the overall success of the team and organisation. Other Key Performance Indicators or Goals may be introduced as your time in the role continues.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence and self-awareness, allowing you to understand and effectively navigate interpersonal dynamics within your team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, enabling you to build strong relationships and foster a positive team environment.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate your team with empathy and understanding, taking into account individual strengths and needs.
- Passionate about delivering exceptional customer experiences and working collaboratively with frontline operations teams.
- A natural people person, you intuitively create a supportive and inclusive team environment that brings out the best in everyone.
- Proactive and accountable, embracing a "do and tell" approach where you take ownership, drive action, and communicate effectively to achieve results.
- Resilient and adaptable, thriving in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, and inspiring others to embrace change.
- A preventive mindset, leveraging data and insights to identify and address potential issues proactively.
- Possessing expert knowledge of our products and processes, with a genuine interest in driving their continuous improvement and success.
At Motorway, we believe in rewarding you with more than just a pay cheque. That's why we've created a benefits package to help you do your best work and support your development.
From benefits that help look after your health, to a personalised learning budget, cycle-to-work scheme and enhanced parental leave, we’ve got you covered:
- A competitive salary
- Annual learning budget - you can choose how you like to learn and find the best learning experiences to support your progression.
- BUPA health insurance
- Discounted dental through BUPA
- Discounted gym membership through BUPA
- On-Hand volunteering membership + volunteering day
- Pension scheme
- Motorway car leasing scheme - lease a zero-emissions electric vehicle at a significant discount
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Regular social events
- Cycle to work scheme
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton