Motorway is the UK's fastest-growing used car marketplace. Our award-winning, online platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal. Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
About the role
User-centred design is in our DNA. We create compelling, easy-to-use products that consumers love by understanding their needs and connecting with them through meaningful experiences.
We are looking for an experienced UX Writer to work alongside Designers, Researchers and Engineers to deliver clear and simple content to help our customers use our products.
You’ll bring with you ideas and frameworks you’ve used in the past to raise the quality of our content and a strategy for maintaining high standards.
You’ll also be an advocate within Motorway for how important well written content can enable better business outcomes, using data to support your findings.
- Owning written content across our website and apps, writing for new features and editing existing copy. Your aim is to simplify complex concepts through accessible and engaging content.
- Testing and reporting on different content options, optimising for performance.
- Ensuring content design is consistent across full user journeys.
- Building partnerships with Product Designers, Researchers and Managers to understand problems and work collaboratively on solutions.
There’s no such thing as a typical day at Motorway and you may find yourself working across several projects but don’t worry - you’ll have a team of enthusiastic and supportive colleagues around you to share and support your work!
You can expect to be driving activities such as:
- Writing compelling, user-focused copy for various product squads.
- Meeting with Product Designers and Product Managers to simplify complex user journeys.
- Auditing and editing content design across both web and app products.
- Testing content through A/B testing and moderated interviews.
- Reviewing others’ work to help maintain our high standards.
- Meeting with our Brand team to ensure our tone-of-voice is present without sacrificing usability.
Our Design team consists of a range of disciplines from product, brand design, research, and service design. There is a lot of emphasis on collaboration and delivering a high standard of work. As an experienced UX Writer/Content Designer, we expect that you will display the following attributes:
- You’re well versed in the principles of good UX writing and have applied these to a range of services and products.
- You’re a natural communicator and champion for a user-focused design approach.
- You know that success is achieved through collaboration.
- You’ve worked in fast-paced environments covering multiple projects.
- You’re naturally inquisitive and like to know what makes people tick.
- You can juggle designing microcopy with larger pieces of content strategy.
It’s great but not essential if:
- You know how to use Figma.
- You’ve worked as the sole Content Designer/UX Writer with cross-functional product teams (we’re a growing team but this will be our sole dedicated Content Designer/UX Writer).
- You have worked in partnership with brand and marketing teams to establish a tone of voice.
- A competitive salary
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA private health insurance
- Annual learning budget
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Motorway Electric Car Leasing Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working (approximately 2-3 days in the office a week) with the option to work fully from home for a month per year
- Regular social events
- Top spec MacBook Pro and peripherals
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision
Equal Opportunities Statement
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton