Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our award-winning, online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of more than 400 people across our London and Brighton offices.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better
We have two sets of customers within our marketplace - Sellers and Dealers - and we are obsessed with ensuring both have a great experience. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented account manager to join the team and play a pivotal role on the dealer side of the business - managing and growing our dealer base.
This is a B2B account manager role, which will focus on selling products and solutions to our network of Dealers. You will focus on driving adoption across Dealers, understanding their needs and explaining the benefits of Motorway solutions for their business. You will also capture Dealers' feedback and use this to influence new product development, working with our product management teams.
We are looking for someone with drive to win and a can-do attitude. You will be happy to take ownership of processes/projects and be comfortable building relationships with people at all levels of businesses (including C-suite). The Account Management team is pivotal to the success of our business so this role provides you with the opportunity to make a massive impact in a fast-growing scale-up.
The role will involve:
- Managing a number of key dealer accounts.
- Listening to Dealers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities to drive revenue.
- Driving Dealer adoption of Motorway features and products, including Motorway Pay and Motorway Transport.
- Building rapport and key relationships with dealerships at all levels of their business.
- Face-to-face visits and presentations - this role will include on average one day per week on the road visiting clients.
- Capturing Dealer feedback and using this to influence Motorway product development.
- Working closely with multiple teams across the Motorway business on cross-functional improvements.
- Leading projects that improve of our account management department and the broader business.
- Demonstrable sales and account management experience, ideally in a B2B environment, with a track record of tangible financial results.
- Excellent relationship management skills - you’ll be able to rapidly build rapport and trust with people from lots of different backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good data analysis skills with a passion for making decisions based on data.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and adapt quickly to our fast-paced environment.
- A proactive and self-motivated individual who will take ownership to make things happen.
- A team player who will support and coach others, sharing their knowledge.
- An understanding of the motor industry is not essential, but helpful.
What you'll get:
- Opportunity to make a huge impact on the companies success
- Support and guidance from talented colleagues
- License to sell some of the best products in the industry
- Fantastic commission structure
- A competitive salary
- BUPA health insurance
- Annual learning budget with access to courses, Audible subscription and hundreds of books and online lessons
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Pension scheme
- Motorway Electric Car Leasing Scheme
- Regular social events
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We asked employees of Motorway how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Motorway
London & Brighton