Our mission is to help households save money. Through MoneySupermarket, MoneySavingExpert, Quidco and B2B partnerships we supply products to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors, helping UK households to save billions of pounds a year. You can tell this is something we’re exceptionally proud of!
Our services are built by highly collaborative product teams, jam packed with hard-working product managers, designers and engineers constantly striving for ways to innovate our services and improve our technology platforms and practices. We love pairing, mobbing, TDD, automating, releasing to production multiple times a day via our highly automated build pipelines and everyone working in a collaborative environment.
Why is Moneysupermarket Group a phenomenal place to be an engineer?
- Dedicated time for learning & people regularly attend conferences and events
- Loads of team activities – hack days, social events and community get-togethers. We also bring everyone across all of Product & Technology together at least once a year
- Grow your career with us, supported by our career progression framework as well as having regular opportunities to move around
- An approach to hybrid working designed to get the best of both worlds and beautiful offices with games areas, free food & drinks and more
At Moneysupermarket our Front End Developers use their creativity and knowledge of user facing technology and passion for UX and high-quality execution to inspire everyone they work with to deliver a world class experience to our customers.
Within 1 month, you can expect to:
- Meet your teams, peers and key collaborators and begin to build relationships.
- Dive into our technology by pair programming with other engineers.
- Understand the landscape and roadmap of the systems you work with.
- Be finding opportunities for improvement.
- Learn how Moneysupermarket operates, our principles, history and where we’re heading.
- Complete our onboarding, training sessions and all the usual gubbins.
Longer term, you will:
- Lead on the delivery of new features and functionality in your team.
- Collaborate with all members of your team and work hands-on through end-to-end delivery, using practices like pair and mob programming.
- Chip in to the technical strategy for your team.
- Drive forward initiatives you identify for making improvements.
- Ensure we are optimally handling maintenance and operational requirements, such as technical debt & sensible levels of documentation.
- Using your expertise and experience to mentor and coach others.
What we value in a developer:
- We're looking for significant experience with modern FE frameworks (we use Vue.js).
- Experience with all types of automated testing (unit, integration, contract, E2E, performance) and a capable TDD practitioner.
- Highly proficiency in good code design practices and able to coach others.
- Flexibility to support work across the full stack and experience with CI/CD and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- The confidence and ability to guide and mentor people and teams to design, deliver and maintain high-quality web applications.
- A passion for agile development - we love to ship and deliver value as quickly as possible.
- Those who love being in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy pairing and mobbing.
Our benefits include up to 30 days holiday, a bonus, enhanced parental leave, and tools that empower our supportive culture.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We’re a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you’re passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you’re likely to have a lot of questions. If you’d like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we’ll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We asked employees of Moneysupermarket Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Moneysupermarket Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Ewloe, London and Manchester