Our mission is to help households save money. Through MoneySupermarket, MoneySavingExpert, Quidco and B2B partnerships we supply products to more than 24 million unique monthly visitors, helping UK households to save billions of pounds a year. You can tell this is something we’re exceptionally proud of!
Our services are built by highly collaborative product teams, jam packed with hard-working product managers, designers and engineers constantly striving for ways to innovate our services and improve our technology platforms and practices. Our goal is to champion a collaborative environment; we love pairing, mobbing, TDD, automating, releasing to production numerous times a day via our highly automated build pipelines.
Why is Moneysupermarket Group a phenomenal place to be an engineer?
- Dedicated time for learning & people regularly attend conferences and events
- Loads of team activities – hack days, social events and community get-togethers.
- Grow your career with us, supported by our career progression framework as well as having regular opportunities to move around
- An approach to hybrid working designed to get the best of both worlds and beautiful offices with games areas, free food & drinks and more
At Moneysupermarket our developers use their expertise and knowledge of building and maintaining large distributed systems to create blazingly fast and reliable experiences that delight our customers. They also use their passion to inspire everyone they work with to deliver a world class experience. We work collaboratively in full stack multi-disciplinary teams where everyone is expected to be hands on across all stages of development.
We use .NET Core with Vue.js and serverless AWS Lambda services (using Node.js) to perform comparison in real time. We host on AWS and deploy several times daily through CI/CD, with DevOps handled by our teams. Our code base is thoroughly tested at 6 different levels with minimal manual regression testing required. Our operational data stores are a combination of Mongo and AWS managed Relational Databases and leverage a service orientated architecture. We make use of machine learning to serve more intelligent results to customers. Code is kept up to date and technical debt prioritised and removed. We use Git for source control and release from Master. Our focus is to keep our developers focused on improving the product and not caught up in code spaghetti.
We talk more about our tech teams here.
Within 1 month, you can expect to:
- Meet your teams, peers and key collaborators and begin to build relationships.
- Dive into our technology by pair programming with other engineers.
- Understand the landscape and roadmap of the systems you work with.
- Be finding opportunities for improvement.
- Learn how Moneysupermarket operates, our principles, history and where we’re heading.
- Complete our onboarding, training sessions and all the usual gubbins.
Longer term, you will:
- Lead on the delivery of new features and functionality in your team.
- Collaborate with all members of your team and work hands-on through end-to-end delivery, using practices like pair and mob programming.
- Chip in to the technical strategy for your team.
- Drive forward initiatives you identify for making improvements.
- Ensure we are effectively handling maintenance and operational requirements, such as technical debt & sensible levels of documentation.
- Using your expertise and experience to mentor and coach others.
What we value in a developer:
- We're looking for significant experience with one or more OO programming languages (we’re primarily C# .Net & Node.js, but happy to consider candidates with experience from other backgrounds).
- Experience with all types of automated testing (unit, integration, contract, E2E, performance) and a capable TDD practitioner.
- Highly proficiency in good code design practices and able to coach others.
- Flexibility to work across the full stack and experience with CI/CD and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- The confidence and ability to guide and mentor people and teams to design, deliver and maintain high-quality web applications.
- A passion for agile development - we love to ship and deliver value as quickly as possible.
- Those who love working in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy pairing and mobbing.
Our interview process:
Our interview is designed to remove bias and is focused on the competencies of the role of a developer here. We don't expect you to do offline work or to spend hours preparing!
We ask questions related to your knowledge and experience, will work through a paired exercise with you, and will ask questions focused on our behaviours. Most importantly, we share our questions with you in advance so that you know what to expect on the day.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our benefits include up to 30 days holiday, a bonus, enhanced parental leave, and tools that empower our supportive culture. You can find a full list here.
We're an inclusive, anti-racist and equal opportunity employer that values diversity. This means we respect and embrace differences in gender identity, race, ethnic origin, sexual expression and orientation, religion and faith, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, social background, education and way of thinking. We’re a place where you can be you.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. Our appointments are made on merit, following a robust and objective assessment process, and the candidate with the highest score is offered the role. If you’re passionate about our purpose and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you’re likely to have a lot of questions. If you’d like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know and we’ll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Tom at email@example.com.
We asked employees of Moneysupermarket Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Moneysupermarket Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Ewloe, London and Manchester