MoneySupermarket invented the price comparison category over 20 years ago and already helps 13 million people across the UK take control of their household bills and finances.
The Commercial team connect us with our product partners, deal with contract negotiations, source exclusive deals, and help partners grow their offering.
Managing, analysing, and maintaining the commercial performance of our channels, the team plays a crucial role in making sure that we drive revenue into the business and maximise commercial opportunities.
One of the best parts of being in the Commercial team is working with colleagues from across Data, Marketing, Tech, and Product & Design. We're kept on our toes, adapting to external market changes and partner demands. Operating in a fast-paced environment, with new challenges every day, the team is quick-thinking and results-focused.
Insurance is the largest contributor to MoneySupermarket. As a Commercial Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our Travel Insurance channel. You will be managing relationships with several insurers, who will have differing attitudes towards MSMG.
This is a varied role allowing you to work on key initiatives, such as on-boarding new partners and securing customer incentives. It provides an opportunity to manage relationships with multiple insurers, developing your critical thinking, project management, product development and analytical skills. You will help deliver the long-term channel strategy, balanced against a focus on activities which help us grow performance in-year!
About the role
· Support the day-to-day performance and trading of the Travel Insurance channel, working with internal and external partners to deliver budget.
· Establish first-class relationships with our Travel Insurance partners.
· Work with insurers to develop and deliver joint business plans that align with the goals of both parties.
· Support the development and delivery of the channel strategy.
· Lead commercial and contract negotiations with our insurance partners.
· Understand market insights to highlight potential growth or new opportunities.
· Build and maintain a strong working relationship with the Product team to optimise the customer experience alongside our external partners.
· Use data insights to understand current performance and identify future channel and market trends.
· Build close working relationships with internal business partners in Finance to continually monitor the financial performance of the Travel & Pet channels.
· Work closely with our Marketing colleagues to identify growth opportunities for the channels and to manage day to day performance.
· Work closely with Risk, Compliance, and Procurement to ensure third party relationships are managed in line with MSMG processes.
· Excellent external relationship management and negotiation skills.
· A high level of analytical ability, able to translate data into actionable insight to generate growth and new opportunities.
· Commercial modelling - developing cases to assess the potential of new ideas and initiatives in emerging markets.
· Highly motivated to deliver channel plans and results.
· Able to work autonomously, setting your own agenda and priorities on a day-to-day basis, while also working with the wider Travel team.
· To be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities to tight deadlines.
· Commercially astute with an ability to understand key trading levers and performance drivers.
· Represent MSMG at industry events.
· An understanding of Product development.
· Confident communicator with an ability to make complex issues understandable.
· Excel skills, including basic formulas, look ups, and pivot tables.
Our customers and users come from different backgrounds, as do our colleagues. We welcome applications from everyone, and particularly encourage women and Black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates to apply as we’re actively building representation that’s more closely reflective of the communities we serve. If you’re passionate about our purpose of helping households save money and excited about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
We understand that job adverts only say so much and you’re likely to have a lot of questions. If you’d like to know anything before applying such as more on the location, salary, our parental leave policy etc, please just let us know, and we’ll be happy to help. You can contact the recruiter for this role, Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org
We asked employees of Moneysupermarket Group how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Moneysupermarket Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Ewloe, London and Manchester