Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It Possible.
The Logistics Lead is a key role in leading our Bournville Manufacturing Logistics operation. This role will support end-to-end logistics (physical flows from plants to customers), including all warehouse, transport and co-packing operations, in terms of service, cost, health and safety, quality, food defense, sustainability, legal requirements and policies compliance.
How you will contribute
- Ensures effective operations within Bournville Logistics including but not limited to; inbound goods, internal storage locations, outbound goods, palletisers, robots, tankers, CHEP pallets & all logistics personnel working within Bournville Manufacturing
- Ensures visible leadership and has an on the floor management style
- Works closely and builds relationships with senior stakeholders across Manufacturing, Procurement, CS&L & other Mondelez MU’s across the UK&I cluster and MEU
- Expects the highest standards relating to safety, foods safety, GMP, 5S and ensures accountability from all Logistics personnel
- Overall responsibility for Safety & Quality policies relating to Logistics & regularly review & train policies for self & others
- Line Manager for the Bournville Logistics Shift Managers & Process Engineer, providing direct setting and development for these key operational roles.
- Responsible for ensuring personnel within the Logistics function are highly trained/ cross skilled.
- Creates system owners/ key users & holds them accountable for ensuring a high performing team through robust training programmes & development opportunities
- Ensures high levels of attendance and that DVL is managed effectively & within budget
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement. Drives the IL6S agenda across the Logistics organisation & seeks improvements in areas such as inventory management, workplace standards, AM/ PM, T&M.
- Ensures that where needed RCA and corrective actions are carried out and delivered. Tracks RCA actions & holds team accountable for completing actions.
- Working closely with the Logistics Strategy Manager, develops the future of Bournville Logistics through automation & technological advancements
- Has a strong understanding of fleet management, automation, robots, palletisers
- Continuously develops self on advancements in Logistics technology
- Manages budgets relating to Logistics assets & M&R
- Develops & holds team to account all Logistics related KPI’s. Develops governance to track performance
- Identifies productivity relating to Logistics operations and works with Strategy Manager to realise the opportunities
- Deputises for Fleet Manager during times of absence
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Proven and extensive Leadership experience in similar environment- FMCG/ Manufacturing/ Logistics operations
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management, logistics, and supply chain operations.
More about this role
Work schedule: 100%
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland.
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We are leading the future of snacking with mouth-watering iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita, LU and Ritz biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Green & Blacks, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Philadelphia and Dairylea cheese; and Maynards Bassetts, Trebor and Trident gums. Our more than 80,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Warehousing & Logistics Operations Management
Customer Service & Logistics
We asked employees of Mondelēz International how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mondelēz International
Gender diversity (male:female)
55% M / 45% F
Uxbridge, Reading, Wokingham, Crediton, Bournville, Minworth, Sheffield, Chirk, Marlbrook