Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Working closely with sales and marketing, you are recognised internally as the expert and leader in category management. You identify, define and solve business problems by applying your category knowledge and align stakeholders along the way. This role requires you to interact with senior management and cross functional teams to meet current and future strategic demands of the business.
This role sits within Ernest Jackson & Co. Ltd (EJ), a wholly owned subsidiary of Mondelēz International family of companies. EJ exists to make healthcare easier and Bassetts Vitamins is at the heartland of what EJ do. Reporting to the Head of marketing and Category, this role is a great opportunity to make a big difference in a small business where you will be the category expert and can lead in this field! Ernest Jackson is based in Crediton in Devon and the role would require travel to site around once a month.
You ensure that customer JBPs are developed and executed by supporting the delivery of strategies and tactics for growth. You understand the business metrics and financial drivers needed to unlock profitable growth for Ernest Jackson and our customers and work with key account managers to implement plans to deliver our annual target.
How you will contribute
- Lead the overall category function for EJ, with the support of the Head of Marketing and Category providing recommendations for business improvement
- Leads the development of the trade marketing part of the category annual plans
- Understands market dynamics / consumer insights by channel to participate on trade marketing strategic decisions
- Support the sales planning process where the sales opportunities are built in order to accomplish the annual plans
- Suggests and influences investment in category building blocks, according to category and channel need, and is accountable for execution excellence at point of sale
- Follows up the competition’s commercial activity in the category in order to detect business opportunities and potential threats for the brand
- Plays a leadership role by providing accurate and relevant channel point of sale information that will lead to find business opportunities such as innovations, customer promotions, portfolio, pricing, etc. that will lead to achieve multi categories targets
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Self starter – with the ability to lead the category function within EJ
- Category planning and delivering growth through category leadership – demonstrated with previous customer category experience
- Having a future-focused mindset, being curious about industry trends, digital solutions and innovation for consumers, and translating opportunities into business plans
- Developing and delivering plans, measuring and monitoring results and making recommendations to achieve growth targets
- Business planning and how to maximize revenue growth
- Influencing stakeholders and interacting effectively with others with the courage and resilience to hold an alternative point of view
- Analytical skills and business acumen
More about this role
Work schedule: 100%
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland .
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelez Europe, we are proud, not only of the iconic brands we make, but also of the people who make them. Our delicious products are created in 52 plants across Europe by more than 28,000 passionate people. We are the top maker of chocolate and biscuits and a leading maker of gum and candy. We make sure our powerful global brands and local jewels like Cadbury, Milka and Alpen Gold chocolates, Oreo, belVita, LU and Tuc biscuits, and Stimorol and Dirol gums get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Category Planning & Activation
We asked employees of Mondelēz International how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mondelēz International
Gender diversity (male:female)
55% M / 45% F
Uxbridge, Reading, Wokingham, Crediton, Bournville, Minworth, Sheffield, Chirk, Marlbrook