Ernest Jackson & Co Ltd exists to Make Healthcare Easier by developing, manufacturing and marketing products that help consumers more easily understand & consume the healthcare products they need when & where they need them.
As well as being the home of several well-loved brands such as Bassetts Vitamins and Potter’s Cough Pastilles, we also support UK and International customers in developing their own private label, premium and niche brands.
The Brand Manager will put the consumer at the heart of the business and be responsible for the great execution of marketing plans alongside driving our consumer and market understanding.
Do you have marketing experience, great attention to detail, excellent verbal and visual communication and the ability to plan and manage a diverse workload? We need a highly motivated individual to join our Marketing Team to help Ernest Jackson develop and market products that help consumers more easily understand and consume the healthcare products they need when and where they need them.
How you will contribute
- Brand Activation - manage the execution of brand marketing programmes which enhance brand equity for Bassetts Vitamins and our medicated portfolio. Inspiring and collaborating with our key agency partners and internal stakeholders
- KPI’s and market data – lead the analysis of all market insight sources (e.g., Circana, Kantar)
- Brand Strategy – Support the development of the brand strategy for other EJ brands such as Potters and Victory V
- Consumer & Commercial Support – Manage our external brand voice directly to consumers through leading our website changes and managing our social media communities. Devise and develop tools to support our customers across all brands, including channel-specific support.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Marketing experience, preferably from a consumer goods background
- Analytical skills and a creative mindset—a balance of commercial and strategic acumen
- Delivering results autonomously and influencing stakeholders
- Presenting a story in an inspiring and convincing manner
- Project management from design to completion with an action orientation
- Excellent verbal and visual communication
More about this role
With a heritage dating back to 1817, Ernest Jackson has 200 years experience and expertise in developing, manufacturing and marketing medicated confectionery and vitamin pastilles.
Ernest Jackson offers a wide range of well-known branded products, as well as a comprehensive contract manufacturing service.
At the factory site in Devon, Ernest Jackson has the capability to manufacture pastilles, sugar boiled lozenges and paste lozenges, made to exacting standards. Some product formulae have been handed down by generations and others to meet the ever evolving market requirements.
Based in the South West of England, Ernest Jackson currently employs over 150 people across two sites and is a member of the Mondelēz International family of companies.
This role could be located at the Ernest Jackson offices in Crediton, Devon or based at Mondelez Head Office in Uxbridge. If based in Uxbridge there would be an expectation to travel to Crediton up to twice a month.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and option to buy 5 extra days
- Hybrid working environment
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus
The responsibilities of this position are performed within the framework of a regional business model that is defined and managed by Mondelēz Europe GmbH, Switzerland .
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
At Mondelez Europe, we are proud, not only of the iconic brands we make, but also of the people who make them. Our delicious products are created in 52 plants across Europe by more than 28,000 passionate people. We are the top maker of chocolate and biscuits and a leading maker of gum and candy. We make sure our powerful global brands and local jewels like Cadbury, Milka and Alpen Gold chocolates, Oreo, belVita, LU and Tuc biscuits, and Stimorol and Dirol gums get safely into our customers hands—and mouths. Great people and great brands. That’s who we are. Join us on our journey to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Brand & Portfolio Management
We asked employees of Mondelēz International how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mondelēz International
Gender diversity (male:female)
55% M / 45% F
Uxbridge, Reading, Wokingham, Crediton, Bournville, Minworth, Sheffield, Chirk, Marlbrook