People Operations Apprentice
We established Mind Foundry to ensure that AI can be used to radically transform our world for the better. To do this, we design intelligent tools that are easy to understand and easy to use. Born within the University of Oxford’s Machine Learning Group and founded by world-leading academics Professors Stephen Roberts and Mike Osborne, we empower teams with responsible AI solutions. We tackle high-stakes problems that help organisations in the public and private sectors, focusing on human outcomes and the long-term impact of AI interventions.
As our People Operations Apprentice, your goal will be to support our small but effective People function with a variety of tasks. These will include recruitment, office administration and people operations area’s so you will get a chance to understand the entire people function with a view to specialise at the end of the apprenticeship.
We grow and succeed together by working in collaborative, flexible, and self-organising remote-first teams, where your passion for robust, science led, product development will allow you to thrive. Working at Mind Foundry will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn, and have a real impact on the important problems in the world by helping us to make our vision a reality.
What our People Operations Apprentice will be doing;
- Manage the administrative process of onboarding new and supporting existing Mind Foundry Team Members. This includes anything from issuing contracts, to working to improve our administrative processes.
- Supporting our recruitment processes from scheduling interviews to supporting offers and if/when comfortable pre screening candidates.
- Payroll administration and support
- Office administration and support, including making sure that we continue to make our hybrid working environment the best it can be.
- Working and supporting the other People Team members on various projects to help improve our recruitment and employee experience
We understand that no single person can do it all and we don't expect everyone to be an expert in everything listed above. The goal of this role is to give someone a real understanding of all the underpinning parts of the People function. You will also through this apprenticeship be spending time working through your CIPD Level 3.
- GCSE English & Maths 4-9 (C-A*) or equivalent
- An interest in people and their experience whilst in employment
- Keen interest in a career focussed on supporting people
- Can-do attitude and a positive customer-focused mindset
- Adaptable and solution-focused approach
- Computer literate (ideally familiar with G-Suite)
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a professional manner
- Honest, able to own up to mistakes (we all make them) and reliable
*Please note that our apprenticeship training provider will be in touch with you regarding your application (BPP Education). If you would like to apply via to their website please do here
We asked employees of Mind Foundry how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Mind Foundry
Gender diversity (male:female)