Executive Assistant to the CEO
Mind Foundry is an Oxford University company, founded by world-leading academics. Our mission is to create a future where humans and AI work together to solve the world's most important problems.
We believe that AI is one of the most important technological advancements in human history, and in order to create a better future, it must be created responsibly and in a way that aligns with human values. We do this by creating AI responsibly from trusted scientific principles. We develop algorithms that are humble, honest, and aware of their limitations.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO, managing the executive's schedule, coordinating meetings, and handling correspondence. The role requires excellent organisational skills, handling sensitive information confidentially, and strong communication abilities.
We’re an international team from all walks of life, unified in our desire to be innovators, change makers and helpful stewards of AI as it begins to shape our world for years to come. We work in a remote-first, agile, and interdisciplinary environment that fosters collaboration, creativity, and learning.
About you and the role;
You should have a passion for technology, and more importantly, the promise that AI has now, and will have in the future. You of course do not have to be an expert, but a basic understanding and interest would be beneficial. We use different software packages in our day-to-day work that you will be expected to use; for example, being confident using G-suite/Microsoft suite is required. A desire to learn as much as possible will make you more successful at what you do, especially when developing your understanding of the AI and Machine Learning industry.
A reliable and accountable member of the team, who can be a problem solver and thinking partner. Someone who can help him do more, not simply because you’ll be doing the administrative work, but because he has a real partner who can keep up and help with all aspects of the CEO role.
And most importantly, you absolutely must possess a strong desire to make the world a better place. A desire that aligns with our mission as a company, and a belief that if we put our minds to it, we will.
Things you will be doing;
- Calendar Management: Organise and maintain the CEO's schedule, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Communication Management: Handle incoming and outgoing communications on behalf of the CEO. This may include managing emails, phone calls, and mail.
- Meeting Coordination: Arrange and coordinate meetings, including preparing agendas, organising necessary materials, and ensuring technology needs are met.
- Document Preparation: Draft, edit, and prepare reports, presentations, and other documents as needed, whether it be specifically for the CEO, or for wider company presentations that need approval and input from the CEO
- Key meeting preparation: Ensure the CEO is prepared for any given meeting, from who he is meeting, to prep materials, meeting agenda and expected outcomes, to being prepared on the follow-up with agreed actions and takeaways
- Key stakeholder management: Act as a liaison between the CEO and other staff members, our board, our founders, company stakeholders, and external contacts.
- Event Planning: Assist in organising company events, conferences, and executive meetings.
- Project Management: Handle special projects as assigned by the CEO, which could range from research tasks to coordinating larger initiatives, to company All Hands
- Marketing and PR: working closely with marketing and our external PR agency to ensure any time execution of thought leadership pieces, company branding pieces and wider company commentaries
- Board responsibilities: Scheduling of quarterly meetings, ensuring all materials are readily available in the board folder and preparation and collation of the CEO report
It’s important to mention that our CEO is very driven and has high ambitions for Mind Foundry. He believes in setting high expectations, and encourages us to challenge ourselves. He is a great mentor to members of the team and really helps us to rethink what is possible. Therefore, there are many opportunities for you to grow and develop the role.
- A strong communicator with matching organisational skills
- Demonstrate independence, excellent judgement, strong people skills, and effective problem-solving skills when making decisions, taking action, or working with others
- Experienced with program management and juggling multiple requests
- Able to confidently and discretely work with confidential and high-priority information
This role will be based in our office with a preference for 4 days a week, with the option to work from home when the CEO travels. Also, we understand that life doesn’t always slot neatly into the traditional working hours. Equally, our CEO would appreciate some flexibility from you sometimes, so let’s talk about it!
We asked employees of Mind Foundry how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Mind Foundry
Gender diversity (male:female)