Director of Insurance
We established Mind Foundry to ensure that AI can be used to radically transform our world for the better. To do this, we design intelligent products that are easy to understand and easy to use. Born within the University of Oxford’s Machine Learning Group and founded by world-leading academics Professors Stephen Roberts and Mike Osborne, we empower teams with responsible AI solutions. We tackle high-stakes problems that help organisations in the public and private sectors, focusing on human outcomes and the long-term impact of AI interventions.
As our Director of Insurance you'll be working alongside teams of talented scientists, engineers, design-thinkers and product specialists that enables the delivery of state-of-the-art AI/ML in a diverse range of products. We grow and succeed together by working in collaborative, flexible, and self-organising remote-first teams, where your passion for robust product development will allow you to thrive. Working at Mind Foundry will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn, and have a real impact on the important problems in the world by helping us to make our vision a reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking an experienced Leader who has extensive experience within Insurance. The individual needs to have experience working within Motor and Property Insurance as well as having experience of working with or for the reinsurance market and preferably across Commercial insurance product lines as well.
In addition to working with insurers we would love to see Insurance Consultancy experience, within a large or specialist consultancy firm or systems integrator. During this time the individual must have undertaken business development activities.
The role will involve significant interaction with our Japanese Insurance strategic partner - Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance (ANDI). Your role will create, and drive through the commercial and business strategy for the Insurance sector. You will work in collaboration with teams across Mind Foundry and senior stakeholders within ANDI and external Insurance companies to deliver cutting-edge AI solutions in the insurance market.
The role will also be the key interface into Mind Foundry’s cutting edge Insurance Joint Venture with ANDI.
This is a key role within our commercial team where you will have the accountability for growing our business and shaping our future relationship with new as well as with our current trusted partners through collaboration, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
What you'll be doing
- Create and execute the Insurance strategy for Mind Foundry and ANDI research centre.
- Identify strategic opportunities through a strong understanding of the market’s and customer’s business needs.
- Develop a go to market strategy for Insurers, Brokers and others in the Insurance ecosystem.
- Lead on ANDI’s business development effort for incremental revenue opportunities and contract renewals.
- Ensure through effective account management that there are high levels of customer satisfaction with our key relationships; ensuring good customer communication and overall management of the relationships.
- Manage and coordinate multiple internal teams including supplier relationship management, market operations, data analytics and supplier marketing teams
- Coordinate with the Technical and Product Management teams to ensure the delivery of continuous and effective services to fulfil the Insurance Strategy.
You’re an individual with extensive knowledge of the insurance market, who can define and execute strategic plans for the Insurance Market.
We are looking for an influential relationship builder with a strong background in business development and/or account management who is passionate about developing a business. You enjoy working autonomously to drive growth and build relationships as well as collaborating across internal teams to ensure continuous improvement and best practice.
What you’ll need
- Multiple years of experience of a number of different Insurance product lines, working for an Insurer. The individual needs to have experience working within Car and Property Insurance as well as having experience of working with or for the reinsurance market and
- Desirable has experience across other Commercial insurance product lines as well.
- Ideally 2 years Insurance Consultancy experience, within a large or specialist consultancy firm or systems integrator.
- Has Undertaken Business Development within a Consultancy business.
- Proven track record in customer relationship management and/or the sales of financial technology products and services
- Highly proficient at managing multiple initiatives and activities ranging from simple to complex
- Financial acumen and ability to discuss financial topics with senior teams in customer organisations
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills that ensure contract renewals; a track record of product and revenue growth, and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively manage and/or implement all phases of projects and tasks to ensure smooth delivery
- A high degree of initiative and analytical skills to handle and solve complex problems with minimal impact to the business and customer
- Strong business acumen and decision-making abilities, with operational/P&L experience
- Excellent cross-functional team leadership skills
What else do we offer?
We believe in investing in our people by encouraging career and personal development aligned with your own goals and ambitions. We make sure all staff have the tools, time and support they need to shape their own professional development. We want to help you to be the best at what you do and to allow you to grow with the company.
You’ll enjoy a competitive compensation package and great benefits such as:
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- Professional and personal development
- Private healthcare (including dental and optical cover)
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- An opportunity for equity in the company
- Group life cover
- Private pension
- Physical and mental health well-being initiatives e.g. discounts on gym memberships, free fitness and nutrition programmes, and professional mental health support
- Cycle to work scheme (if office based)
- Pet friendly office - a lot of our team bring their dogs to work!
- Plus many more e.g. social events, games night, pub lunches, snack/treats etc - we make sure our remote workers are not left out
*benefits may differ for remote/non-UK based employees
We asked employees of Mind Foundry how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Mind Foundry
Gender diversity (male:female)