Remote-first – with Co-working space
Core hours 10–4
Bid Manager - Defence and Security
As our Bid Manager for the Defence and Security vertical you'll be working alongside teams of talented scientists, engineers, design-thinkers and product specialists that enables the delivery of state-of-the-art AI/ML in a diverse range of products. We grow and succeed together by working in collaborative, flexible, and self-organising remote-first teams, where your passion for robust capability development and cutting edge technologies will allow you to thrive. Working at Mind Foundry will provide an excellent platform for you to grow, learn, and have a real impact on the important problems in the world by helping us to make our vision a reality.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re seeking an experienced Bid Manager with commercial experience working within Defence and Security. You will work in collaboration with teams across Mind Foundry and senior stakeholders within partners to enable delivery of cutting-edge AI solutions in the Defence and Security space. This is a key role within our commercial team where you will have the accountability for managing the bid process and shaping our future relationship with partners and customers through collaboration, winning and continuous improvement.
What you'll be doing
- Lead the design and implementation of bids, working with customer-facing opportunity and solution owners.
- Lead the development of Value Propositions and Win Strategy. Use appropriate customer-centric win methodologies and ensure win themes are articulated appropriately across submissions.
- Drive unbiased, objective analysis and decision making during all bid phases and activities to ensure solutions clearly meet the customer's needs.
- Ensure the technical and commercial submissions are compliant and straightforward for the customer to navigate and score.
- Navigate complex clients, build relationships and map key stakeholders across partners and end customers.
- Monitor and report on progress of opportunities to all stakeholders.
- Manage all bid processes, internal and bought-in services and including financial management of the bid budget.
- Provide input to and coordination of bid enablement.
- Support Lessons Learned and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Build strong collaborative networks across the wider company
You’re an experienced bid manager with a strong background in client relationship management within the context of a commercial team. You are passionate about delivering transformative technology across the Defence and Security sector. You enjoy working at a fast pace with minimal direction, complexity and ambiguity to identify and secure opportunities, build relationships and collaborate across internal teams to ensure continuous improvement and best practice.
What you’ll need
- Experience of leading and winning bids within the Defence and Security industry
- Ability to coordinate and lead multi-functional teams during the bid process
- Experience of using business methodologies to support the bid process
- Able to integrate multiple outputs from different functions and competency groups
- Experience in building strong commercial relationships with key external stakeholders
- Ability to present reviews to stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Understanding and experience of Defence and Security frameworks
- Be eligible and willing to obtain/maintain UK security clearance
Great if you also have
- Designed, built and implemented winning bid processes in a scale-up environment
- Experience working within a STEM environment
We asked employees of Mind Foundry how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Mind Foundry
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
"I love the flexibility I'm afforded, I have kids and it's never been an issue leaving a meeting or blocking out time in the day for anything personal. As long as the work gets done, everyone just gets on with it."
Anonymous Engineer at Mind Foundry