- Segment Integration Oversight: Act as the chief liaison between the executive and technical leadership of the Petcare Segment and the Corporate CIO, MGS, and Corporate Finance, ensuring that their ERP Design and Build out are cohesive, complementary, and in line with corporate standards. Steer the translation of the Enterprise ERP design standards and WoW's into actionable blueprints for both segments, aligning with Mars Incorporated’s broader mission.
- Strategic Program Alignment: Develop and implement balanced scorecards and standards that synchronize Program Management, Change Management, and Value Realization across both segments. Ensure comprehensive visibility into program progression, challenges, and successes.
- Transformational Leadership:
- Assemble cross-functional teams across both the Petcare segment to drive digital core transformation efforts and coordination with corporate.
- Collaborate with global process & data owners to establish design playbooks, standards, and an implementation roadmap tailored to each segment's unique requirements.
- Sequence market rollouts with an emphasis on enterprise risk management, optimizing shared services across segments, and achieving full implementation targets by 2027.
- Oversee change and communication strategies across all associate levels, spurring regions and markets to mobilize their deployment contingents.
- Monitor deployments at a global scale, serving as the primary escalation point, and proactively addressing obstacles to ensure adherence to go-live schedules.
- Cross-Segment/Corporate Collaboration: While the primary focus will revolve around the Petcare Segment, this role demands extensive collaboration with all segments and the wider Mars Incorporated landscape. It's imperative to bridge segmental insights, share best practices, and leverage synergies.
- External Partnership Management: Engage and inspire external partners, ensuring they are attuned to the distinctive needs of the Petcare Segment, which is crucial within the broader Mars enterprise architecture.
Explain how the job gets done and the way it operates within the team and with stakeholders
At the crossroads of Mars Incorporated's digital evolution lies the role of the VP of Corporate Digital Core Integration for Petcare. This position is orchestrated through immersive engagement with both the Petcare Segment, particularly with the Segment leadership teams, inextricably linking with the broader Mars strategies and the bedrock of the One Mars Foundational architecture for ERP.
This VP operates within a nexus of interactions spanning across Mars' vast business ecosystem. Through continuous collaboration with executive and technical leadership from both segments, Corporate CIO, MGS, Corporate Finance, and other pivotal corporate functions like legal, audit, and external partners, this role becomes the fulcrum for aligning the unique ERP Design and Buildout needs of the segments with overarching corporate standards. The core tenet of this position is to bring cohesion and complementarity, ensuring that every ERP initiative in the Petcare sphere not only meets but exemplifies Mars Incorporated’s broader mission.
To actualize the vision, the VP draws upon a well-established internal and external network, positioning themselves at the vanguard of best practice sharing, innovation, and the latest trends in ERP design, strategic planning, and digital transformation. This expansive connectivity aids in ensuring that all transformational initiatives are agile, traceable, and make a lasting business impact. Through the lens of this role, the complexities of ERP rollouts, especially on platforms like SAP, are seamlessly navigated, bridging any gaps between the Corporate directives and the unique ERP needs of the Petcare Segment, always upholding the One MARS foundation.
In essence, the VP's role is a harmonious blend of strategic vision, technical prowess, and collaborative finesse, ensuring that Mars Incorporated's digital journey in the Petcare Segment is both groundbreaking and perfectly in tune with the corporation's global rhythm.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth