Veterinary Nurse Specialist
Waltham on the Wolds, Leicestershire
Day shifts only
Salary from £28,400 - £32,800 (Inclusive of annual bonus plus benefits)
The Waltham Petcare Science Institute is Mars Petcare’s science centre. At Waltham, we are on a mission to improve the lives of pets through science, all in support of our Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS™.
Scientists at Waltham have been advancing pet nutrition and health for 60 years. They are now leading scientific breakthroughs transforming how pets are cared for today and in the future.
Our Veterinary Nurse's deliver and support the provision of veterinary care to our pet population. Based on one of our animal units, you will be part of the operational team, as well as working in collaboration with the veterinary services team.
You will also have the opportunity for personal development, alongside being an important part of the team that provides high quality veterinary care to our pets.
What would be your key responsibilities?
- Deliver routine and non-routine veterinary care for one or more animal unit.
- Triaging veterinary and animal health related queries to report to the Named Veterinary Surgeon and coordinating veterinary rounds accordingly.
- Collection of health and research data from our dogs and cats (e.g. bodyweights, oral health assessments).
- Delivering veterinary treatments and responding to queries during core hours at weekends (working approximately every 2 out of 7 weekends).
What are we looking for?
- Either registered, or eligible to be registered, with Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS).
- Bachelor (Bsc) or Foundation (FdSc) degree or Diploma in Veterinary Nursing.
- A proven ability to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team.
- A strong interest in companion animal welfare, behavior and low stress handling techniques.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our inhouse Mars University
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including a company bonus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth