Being a company millions of people want to join, stay and grow with is a strategic priority for Mars Inc. Achieving such a brand and culture as an employer is incredibly difficult in such a competitive environment in many places around the world. Having a compelling Associate experience that enables associates to be their best through high quality technology is one vital key to achieving this goal.
This role will support achievement of this strategy by nurturing a deep partnership with the Finance function globally to drive the technology enablement of our finance strategy. This leader will be responsible for the definition, development & delivery of a portfolio of IT solutions and services that support the global priorities and processes of Finance.
This modern technology leader will continue to be at the forefront of driving enterprise-wide applications across Mars like SAP S/4 / Central Finance, along with specialized cloud-based capabilities, and finally a supporting a broad range of agile sprints which leverage our centers of excellence to develop and scale operational improvements, advanced analytics use cases and automation opportunities.
A key focus will be to support the scaled deployment of technology that drives forward the financial operations, external reporting, tax, treasury, currency and security and controls strategies of Mars Incorporated.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business or relevant business function (e.g. Supply Chain) or equivalent
- 15+ years executive experience in IT, 7+ years' experience specifically in Finance technology.
- Experience with ERP platforms like SAP, Oracle
- Experience with finance cloud platforms such as Blackline, High Radius, Anplan is a plus.
- Project/Program management experience of complex global projects
- Solutions Architecture, Applications portfolio management
- Global Line management & people development
- Budget Management
- Stakeholder Relationship Management of global leaders
- Experience running waterfall and agile projects and programs.
- Experience globally deploying finance platforms like SAP, Hyperion 5+ years.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Serve as the strategic IT co-pilot for Finance responsible for influencing & aligning stakeholders to ensure business strategies are enabled by appropriate technology solutions.
- Scope of responsibilities include technology leadership across all areas within Finance, Corporate Planning and Consolidations, Tax, Treasury, Audit and Financial Shared Service organizations.
- Full accountability for establishing & driving the global IT strategy for these functions and road map including the creation of new process and IT capabilities aligned with internal and external best practices and emerging trends.
- Provide a center of expertise for global IT solutions, defining global standards, processes and driving common solutions across the enterprise.
- For the shared services area, drive efficiencies and process standardization using industry standard platforms and benchmarked KPIs. This includes all finops areas like Order to Cash, Invoice to Pay, Record to Report and portions of Hire to Retire
- Own and lead the functional governance processes with relevant Corporate and Segment VPs of these functions.
- Accountable for the development and deployment of global IT capabilities which are aligned with the functional & segment strategies, engaging functional BRM and effective transition to the global support services as appropriate.
- Govern the scope of the existing functional portfolio of applications throughout the application lifecycle.
- Drive down the portfolio complexity and TCO within the business capability area across all global, regional and local applications.
- As a champion for Finance stakeholders, plays a role in enforcing financial discipline on the technology side of the house with the PMO organization.
- Liaise with the IT operations organization, driving system enhancements and upgrades as necessary to maintain financial close deadlines.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a high performing global organization, providing leadership, engagement & line management to business process, information and functional/technical experts.
- As a senior leader, contribute to the development and leadership of Mars Digital Technologies and Mars Global Services strategies.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth