Sr Anaplan Model Builder
(Open to remote)
The Senior Anaplan Model Builder role will support world-class financial forecasting, planning, reporting and analysis. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, high-energy for accelerated career development in both Financial Analysis and Model Solution Engineering. The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team works closely with senior executives to plan the business and allocate budget and resources to the company’s strategic initiatives. This role will provide the opportunity to facilitate analysis and modeling projects not only within Mars's FP&A team, but also the Anaplan Center of Excellence team.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Partner with FP&A and cross-functional teams to develop roadmap, identify needs, understand existing models (Excel/ Anaplan), and assist in the process of translating them into efficiently built and enhanced Anaplan solutions.
- Assist in data validation, testing, and overall deployment of new models to ensure an accurate and successful project ‘go-live’ within Anaplan.
- Become the ‘thought leader’ of existing models and processes, and assist in future enhancements to drive planning efficiency and company growth
- Continuously identify gaps and opportunities for projects that will streamline workflows and overall processes
- Collaborate with our internal teams to identify areas of opportunity for data automation and efficiency
- Perform business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis
What are we looking for?
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Engineering or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience building models with Anaplan
- 3+ years of experience with financial planning and analysis
- Advanced knowledge of the Anaplan platform and model building
- Excellent ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines; able to balance short-term, urgent needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbal and written with strong desire and ability to listen and cultivate diversity of thought with internal customers
- Excellent problem solving, attention to detail, and analytical skills with passion for financial analysis and business modeling
- Innovative mindset, drawing from personal experiences with the ability to challenge the status quo and offer new ways of thinking about our most complex issues
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and requirements with a positive can-do attitude
- Strong proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and PowerPoint
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth