Senior Maintenance Technician
Salary £46,500 – £58,700 (including annual company bonus)
Day shifts Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour week
Mars have been a global company, and family-owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
At Mars Wrigley we now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Maintenance Technician to come and join our R&D division! You will be accountable for supporting the safe and effective operation of our R&D Pilot Plant facility. The role is key to assisting in the R&D teams with advancement of new products and technologies, including providing troubleshooting and scale-up knowledge.
What are we looking for?
- Experience and understanding of engineering or reliability dual-skilled role.
- ONC/HNC qualified, with a mechanical or electrical apprenticeship served (or equivalent)
- If the ONC/HNC is mechanical, electrical and controls understanding will be required.
- Good working knowledge of preventative maintenance / planned maintenance systems and software.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment, FMCG, or other industries such as service / utility for example.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Deliver an integrated and optimised mechanical & electrical reliability plan in the R&D Pilot Plant, including necessary PM documentation and spares stocks.
- Ensure that adequate condition-monitoring data is collated and analysed and manage the knowledge base for Pilot Plant equipment including manuals, calibration, and safety certificates.
- Coordinate and complete planned maintenance activities and repairs. Identify, justify, initiate, and implement permanent fixes and improvements to equipment design, set-up, or maintenance.
- Diagnose, manage, and resolve complex technical issues in the Pilot Plant, whether breakdowns or chronic issues, and complete follow-up actions to prevent recurrence. If necessary, to escalate.
- Create and maintain strong links with Mars Engineering, and Reliability and HSE teams to ensure all standards and best practices are applied in the Pilot Plant, R&D kitchens, and laboratories.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth