1–2 days/week at home
Core hours 11–3
Segment: Royal Canin
Location: Aimargues (30 min from Montpellier), Paris, London, and Amsterdam. This role is also open to other countries in the EU.
This role is dedicated to providing senior in-house legal counsel on food law and regulatory issues to the Royal Canin business globally. This role serves as an embedded specialist resource for the Royal Canin business unit to advise on food law and regulatory related matters.
What are we looking for?
At least 7 years of experience in food law legal and policy matters, either in-house, in a governmental agency, or in private practice.
Previous experience in Food Law is mandatory for this role, preferably in Europe.
Ability to practice law in at least one jurisdiction within the European region.
Demonstrated understanding of policy and regulatory issues facing the business.
Global mindset and ability to handle the intricate dynamics between local and global teams.
Excellent communication skills in English. French would be a plus but not mandatory.
What would be your key responsibilities?
Work with R&D, Q&FS, Corporate Affairs, Marketing and the Royal Canin Legal team to develop policies, strategies and interpretations of laws, regulations and issues related to food law, in support of business priorities and initiatives, products and services, consistent with global Mars, Incorporated policies.
Advise on questions of compliance with laws and regulations related to products and services, including issues related to marketing claims, labeling requirements, and food safety laws, among others.
Interface and influence Senior Functional and Business leaders to ensure fully informed decision-making through advice on food law-related risks and opportunities related to innovation, products, services, manufacturing, etc.
Engage in PRIMP or CALM teams as necessary providing specialized legal expertise, including working with business leaders in determining incident responses.
Deliver food law training as needed to Legal teams and other key audiences in other functions.
Provide strategic guidance to internal Public Affairs teams and cross-segment regional public policy groups on proposed food laws and regulations.
Regular interactions with the Mars Global Food Law team.
What are the advantages of working at Mars?
At Mars, we believe in a relationship of mutual trust, dignity and respect between our company and Associates that is more meaningful than the standard employer/employee relationship.
As Associates, we can expect to be respected, supported and valued as individuals, to be treated fairly and equitably.
The opportunity to learn and develop, taking charge of your own career across Mars.
As this is a new role for Royal Canin, you will be able to contribute to its shaping and evolution.
A unique and ideal work environment to become the leader in health through nutrition for cats and dogs!
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth
More roles at Mars UK
- Supplier Quality Assurance Manager Dry / C&T
- FP&A Business Partner – Mars Global Services
- Global Mars Supply Excellence Manager - Food
- Corporate Affairs Director
- Manufacturing Shift Manager
- Learning Experience Manager
- Customer Service Specialist
- Vetsource International Operations Manager
- Maintenance Data Analyst
- Supply Chain Customer Care Coordinator
- Key Account/Customer Development Management LARs
- Engineer - Electrical
- Mars U Activity Manager
- Global Packaging Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Digital Technologies Portfolio Lead - Pet Nutrition
- Global Finance Vendor Director / Senior Manager
- FP&A Business Partner (Digital)
- Learning Experience Lead
- Sustainable Packaging Procurement coordinator
- European Product Developer (Dry, Care & Treats)
- Maintenance Planner
- Mechanical Engineer - Weekends
- Electrical Engineer - Weekends
- Factory Operator
- Director, Petcare Sustainability Performance Data & Analytics
- Digital Demand Lead - Sales / RGM - Mars Wrigley
- Lead Operator – Weekends
- Operator - Weekends
- Key Account/Customer Development Management (7-8 month cover)
- Manufacturing Team Leader
- European eCom Sales Support
- Senior Corporate Affairs Manager
- Data Platform Senior Leader - Mars Wrigley
- Packaging Sustainability Impacts Manager
- Consumer Care Functional Expert
- Mechanical Engineer
- Product Senior Analyst, Customer Relationship / Product Experience
- Executive Assistant
- Global Renewable Energy Program Manager
- Global Data Product Solutions Senior Lead - RTM/MM (F/M/X)
- Petcare Global Head of Talent and EI&D
- P&O Data and Talent Lead
- Packing Operator
- Data Governance Lead
- BDS Product Senior Analyst - SCP
- Portfolio Lead and Process Expert - Petcare
- Global Graphics Systems Manager
- Data Platform Architect
- Lead Operator
- European Amazon Director
- Operator - Night shift
- Global Portfolio Director – Mars Global Services
- User Experience Manager
- Maintenance Data Analyst
- Petcare data and analytics Platform product architect
- Veterinary Field Sales Representative - Yorkshire
- Associate Specialist Quality
- Customer Experience Professional
- Director- Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
- Senior Data Lead, People & Operations Analytics
- Supply Planner
- Customer Service Specialist - FTC
- Customer Development Manager - Convenience & High Street
- Internal Communications Manager - Learning (F/M/X)
- Reliability Technician
- VP Science & Technology
- PetCare Marketing Architect
- Controls Electrical Engineer
- Global Pet Nutrition External Communications Director
- Data Scientist Lead (F/M/X)
- Field Sales representative - Berkshire/Hampshire
- Digital Platform Architect (F/M/X)
- Finance Analytics Senior Data Scientist
- Global Data Product Lead - Finance (F/M/X)
- Digital Platform Infrastructure Architect : SAP & ERP (F/M/X)
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Days)
- Field Sales Representative - Bradford
- Field Sales Representative - Stoke on Trent
- Data Platform Engineer - SRE (F/M/X)
- Senior Data Solution Architect
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Engineering Apprentice
- Operations Apprentice
- Global Principal Technologist/Scientist
- Veterinary Nurse Specialist
- FLT Operator
- HR Reporting Analyst/Workday (f/m/x)
- Junior IT Project Manager (F/M/X)
- Mechanical Operator
- Data Engineer
- Pet Unit Specialist
- Cloud Security Architect - Data Analytics Platform (W/M/X)
- International Benefits Specialist
- One Demand Data Analytics (ODDA) DevOps Engineer
- Procurement Excellence Lead
- Senior Data Scientist
- Data Solutions Director