What are we looking for?
- This role is about bridging the gap between data availability and the data needed to run RTM transformation Digital Agenda.
- The role will understand current and future data need to support our Digital Agenda
- The role will engage with markets prior to any development to understand the current data availability, any gaps and produce a plan to fill those gaps.
- For existing Analytical Tools the associate will Influence the product refresh strategy
- The associate will understand any local nuances to data and work to develop logic to allow the automation of those manual processes.
- Work with DDaaS and other teams (if applicable) to align data ingestion strategy and delivery.
- Influence stakeholders on the importance on standardised, automated data models to obtain local market resource support.
- Think strategically about the overall ideal RTM data structure for Modern Trade, DTR and Fragmented Trade and work to implement that data structure globally.
- Collaborate with the ODDA Cross Enablement team and DDaaS (Demand Data as a Service) on data architecture best practices and RTM data links to Mars Snacking One Demand initiatives.
- Work closely with data scientists and business stakeholders to understand their requirements.
- Exercise fluid communication with your team of data engineers
- Adopt DevOps & CI/CD methodologies to collaborate on a growing platform.
- Enthusiastically evolve your technical skillset, engage in training,and learn new technologies and techniques.
- Tackle challenging project tasks demonstrating ownership and responsibility.
Context and Scope
- Manage data from across the organisation to produce valuable data assets
- Work in squads to focus on key areas of development
- Work comfortably in an agile and fast paced environment
- Contribute enthusiastically to technical design and brainstorming sessions
- Present deliverable and success stories to stakeholders and the wider team
- Support Data Modeling and Business Requirements Analysis,
- Perform Data Collection and Analysis, Documentation and Model User Requirements
- Perform Gap Analysis, Planning and Organizing action plans
Job Specifications/ Qualifications
- Must have - Degree level
- Nice to have – Masters / Degree with some computing, scientific, statistical or mathematical component
- Experience on working with Demand Data from multiple sources (ERP, DMS, SFA, TPM, Syndicated Data etc.)
- Business acumen to enable early translations between business needs and data requirements
- Experience on partnering with technical teams of data & analytics
- Ability and strong desire to research and learn new technologies and languages
- Interest in the contemporary data engineering and analytics landscape, the current tools, the latest approaches
- Data visualisation and UX tools e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, React
Nice to Have
- Experience in processing data using Spark / Databricks or similar
- Experience working in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience in at least one of: Python (or similar), SQL, PySpark
- Experience in building data pipeline/ETL/ELT solutions
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth