Digital Commerce (DCom) is set to represent 35%+ of all CPG sales in the not-too-distant future. Mars Wrigley has an ambition to more than triple its DCom sales over the coming years and accelerating Omnichannel (“bricks & clicks”), enabled by Retail Media, is one of the largest growth opportunities in front of us. To enable this ambition, Mars Wrigley has created a Global Center of Acceleration (CoA), that works together with markets, regions, and cross-functional partners to develop strategies and plans to fuel faster growth.
Retail Media is when a retailer uses its own digital properties to sell ads to brands with targeting informed by their customers’ purchase data. In 2023, it is estimated that $52B will be spent on Retail Media networks, with the potential to double over the next 3 years as more retailers race to catch up with Amazon’s successful Ads business. Understanding which networks to prioritize, what inventory to buy, and how much to invest is key to driving competitive & quality growth for Mars Wrigley.
As the Global Retail Media Strategy Director, you’ll be the go-to-expert on all things Retail Media to help Mars Wrigley maximize the Retail Media opportunity across 200+ Omnichannel key accounts in 25+ markets. Some of your key responsibilities will include developing a where-to-play and how-to-win strategy for Retail Media platforms, building an end-to-end toolkit for local market teams covering key topics like budgeting & planning best practice, supporting local teams on Retail Media JBP negotiations, and leading a global community of practice for Mars “One Demand” performance squads and Omnichannel account teams. You will report into the Head of Digital Shelf & Retail Media, and partner with other key Associates across DCom Customer and Media/Performance Marketing.
• Build the enterprise Retail Media Strategy from a ‘Customer’ perspective, working with the Global Media team as key partners to ensure a connected Media Ecosystem approach.
• Clarify, simplify and segment the different approaches to RM we could adopt and translate in to meaningful actions and workstreams.
• Create an end-to-end Retail Media Toolkit for frontline teams.
• Develop a Retail Media learning program to level-up Associates.
• Provide expert input into the “One Demand” business transformation program that aims to connect Sales & Marketing through integrated performance squads.
• Partner with the frontline teams and the One Demand Data & Analytics team to build new data and advanced analytics solutions for Retail Media.
• Drive thought leadership on emerging Retail Media platforms, solutions, and technology. Act as SME and ‘bring the outside in’ to shape our approach and actions.
• Orchestrate JBPs with multi-market media platforms like Criteo & Citrus Ads
• Support local team negotiations for Retail Media JBPs
• Build relationships with Retail Media platforms, technology partners, and agencies to unlock test & learns, beta access, and other high-value opportunities. Represent Mars Wrigley at key meetings, events and workshops as required.
• Create, launch and lead the internal global community of practice to cross-pollinate high-value learnings.
• Build and maintain centralized knowledge hub and self-service tools.
Skills & Experience required
• Confident communicator with strong executive writing skills (e.g., able to craft punchy, data-driven stories in 1-2 pages).
• Extensive knowledge about Retail Media platforms/tech, agency partners, holistic planning, measurement & attribution, analytics, audience building, optimization, etc.
• Track record of high-quality media partner collaboration and delivery of quality business results (ad-attributed sales growth, ROAS, incremental reach) over multiple years.
• Experience working in cross-functional teams and managing multiple timelines, workflows, and stakeholders from project start to finish.
• Experience building out strategy, processes, playbooks, and tools to support execution.
• Experience building and deploying learning programs and simplifying complex business processes for a diverse audience.
• Experience working in a large, matrixed organization with complex stakeholder groups.
• Experience working in a global/regional team where you had to indirectly influence.
• Experience leading communities of learning and sharing.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth