Batley, Kirklees, West Yorkshire
Salary package from £48,483 to £54,544 (including shift allowance and company bonus)
Rotating days and nights shift pattern, 12 hour shifts
At Mars Petcare, we believe that pets make the world a better place. We have one Purpose: A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS, which also means a more sustainable world for pets, people and for the planet.
Mars Petcare have an opportunity to be a member of the shift management team in our Birstall factory. The role will involve diagnosing and fixing plant and site services reliability and breakdown issues across the entire factory, and providing technical management of shift, whilst being responsible for the safe and efficient running of all assets.
What are we looking for?
- Multi skilled technician; electrical and mechanical qualification Level 3 NVQ in both.
- Working knowledge in Rockwell PLC including fault finding and diagnosing.
- Interest in developing your leadership skills.
- Experience coaching or mentoring others.
- Drive and passion for engineering.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Provide shift leadership for day to day running of the factory, FMOS execution, PET technical management, coaching and support for line associates.
- To drive the CI plan for designated area of factory along with Days Reliability Engineer (asset value c. £5 Million).
- Responsible for delivery of technical training to shift associates and apprentices having responsible for technical upskilling plan for their shift.
- Accountable for reliability of equipment during shift with a geographic area covering the whole of the Birstall Site, covering 5 product technologies; Cooker Extrusion, Meat Extrusion, Baking, packing machinery, fish flake production and site infrastructure and services.
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth