R&D Regional Systems Functional Expert – SRA Systems (R4)
As part of the newly formed MGS (Mars Global Services) R&D team, we are looking to appoint a R&D Quality Functional Expert. The role is to ensure the sustainability and maintenance of deployed enterprise R&D systems/ platforms in the region, across all segments (Mars Wrigley, Petcare and Food) and delivers functional expertise to the business. This role has responsibility for operational support of R&D/Quality systems for the business units and will drive business process compliance, continuous improvements/ upgrades and knowledge management. This role supports the Corporate R&D digitalization roadmap by owning the implementation of new capabilities in the business units, working closely with Corporate R&D Systems product owners, segment/unit stakeholders and Mars Digital Technology partners. Regional Functional Experts ensures compliance to data quality requirements and works with Segment Data custodians to identify and address compliance gaps in the business units.
This role can be based in the United Kingdom in Slough (ISB) or Waltham (WAL), Hungary in Bokoros (BOK), Poland in Sochaczew (SOC), Egypt in October City (OCT). Working in a hybrid model, we expect 1 day a week home site attendance and candidates need to be based within commuting distance from one of these Mars sites.
In this role you will primarily specialise in Mars Scientific and Regulatory Affairs (SRA) systems such as SPIRE and SGS Digicomply, but will likely have the opportunity to support other Mars R&D enterprise systems such as Veritas, Radar and Ara.
This is a great opportunity to commence in a newly structured R&D team and get an in-depth understanding of both quality processes and the systems that support them.
What are we looking for?
Experience of using relevant systems e.g. SPIRE/SGS Digicomply and associated processes
Degree level in science, IT or equivalent industry experience (this is mandatory)
Experience in an R&D function within an FMCG environment
Fluent in English
What will your key responsibilities be?
Change Management – Business As Usual Support and & New Capability development
Business Process - Support global and segment process owners in process compliance
Data quality - Supports regional FEs in process/ data quality compliance and root cause analysis of gaps with key users/end users. Performs data analysis of Traceability issues or Regulatory queries as requested by Data Custodians.
Deployment – supports deployments of capabilities across the organisation
Super User Activities - responsible for maintenance of technical and master data as part of system configuration
Knowledge Management - responsible for maintenance and creation of standard global training documentation in English
Communication - responsible for cascading system changes to key users/end users.
Testing - Responsible for cascading system changes to key users/end users.
Issue resolution - Analysis of incident trends and SLAs for region/segments to drive CIs
What can you expect from Mars?
Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth
More roles at Mars UK
- Junior Packaging Developer
- Unit Operations Lead
- Associate Scientist –New Material Compliance
- Global DCom Strategic Demand Director
- Global Director On Demand Delivery
- Global D-Com Enterprise Capabilities Director
- FP&A Business Partner – Mars Global Services
- Global Mars Supply Excellence Manager - Food
- Corporate Affairs Director
- Manufacturing Shift Manager
- Learning Experience Manager
- Customer Service Specialist
- Vetsource International Operations Manager
- Supply Chain Customer Care Coordinator
- Key Account/Customer Development Management LARs
- Engineer - Electrical
- Mars U Activity Manager
- Global Packaging Strategic Sourcing Manager
- Digital Technologies Portfolio Lead - Pet Nutrition
- Global Finance Vendor Director / Senior Manager
- FP&A Business Partner (Digital)
- Learning Experience Lead
- Sustainable Packaging Procurement coordinator
- European Product Developer (Dry, Care & Treats)
- Maintenance Planner
- Mechanical Engineer - Weekends
- Electrical Engineer - Weekends
- Factory Operator
- Director, Petcare Sustainability Performance Data & Analytics
- Digital Demand Lead - Sales / RGM - Mars Wrigley
- Lead Operator – Weekends
- Operator - Weekends
- Key Account/Customer Development Management (7-8 month cover)
- Manufacturing Team Leader
- European eCom Sales Support
- Data Platform Senior Leader - Mars Wrigley
- Packaging Sustainability Impacts Manager
- Consumer Care Functional Expert
- Mechanical Engineer
- Product Senior Analyst, Customer Relationship / Product Experience
- Executive Assistant
- Global Renewable Energy Program Manager
- Global Data Product Solutions Senior Lead - RTM/MM (F/M/X)
- Petcare Global Head of Talent and EI&D
- P&O Data and Talent Lead
- Packing Operator
- Data Governance Lead
- BDS Product Senior Analyst - SCP
- Portfolio Lead and Process Expert - Petcare
- Global Graphics Systems Manager
- Data Platform Architect
- Lead Operator
- European Amazon Director
- Operator - Night shift
- Identity and Consents Senior Lead
- Global Portfolio Director – Mars Global Services
- User Experience Manager
- Maintenance Data Analyst
- Petcare data and analytics Platform product architect
- Veterinary Field Sales Representative - Yorkshire
- Associate Specialist Quality
- Customer Experience Professional
- Director- Communications & Stakeholder Engagement
- Senior Data Lead, People & Operations Analytics
- Supply Planner
- Behaviour and Training Specialist
- Customer Service Specialist - 1 year contract
- Internal Communications Manager - Learning (F/M/X)
- Reliability Technician
- VP Science & Technology
- PetCare Marketing Architect
- Controls Electrical Engineer
- Global Pet Nutrition External Communications Director
- Data Scientist Lead (F/M/X)
- Field Sales representative - Berkshire/Hampshire
- Digital Platform Architect (F/M/X)
- Finance Analytics Senior Data Scientist
- Global Data Product Lead - Finance (F/M/X)
- Digital Platform Infrastructure Architect : SAP & ERP (F/M/X)
- Senior Legal Counsel - Regulatory/Food Law (F/M/X)
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician (Days)
- Field Sales Representative - Bradford
- Field Sales Representative - Stoke on Trent
- Data Platform Engineer - SRE (F/M/X)
- Senior Data Solution Architect
- Multi Skilled Engineer
- Engineering Apprentice
- Operations Apprentice
- Global Principal Technologist/Scientist
- Veterinary Nurse Specialist
- FLT Operator
- HR Reporting Analyst/Workday (f/m/x)
- Mechanical Operator
- Data Engineer
- Pet Unit Specialist
- Cloud Security Architect - Data Analytics Platform (W/M/X)
- International Benefits Specialist
- One Demand Data Analytics (ODDA) DevOps Engineer
- Procurement Excellence Lead
- Senior Data Scientist
- Data Solutions Director