Production Support Operator
Salary competitive + 33% shift pay
Are you an experienced machine operator looking for your next challenge? If so, here at Mars we now have an exciting opportunity for a production support operator to come and join our factory team!
If you have a mechanical background and are looking for the opportunity to lead a passionate team of associates whilst also being given the chance to develop and progress personally then look at the below!
The Production support operator will support the lead operator in being accountable for the performance of several machines, processes, pieces of equipment and operational decisions at line level to achieve targets and coordinate resources as required.
Some form of Mechanical training/experience is required for the role as you will be first point of call should there be any technical issues with production machinery and will be expected to take the lead in repairing mechanical breakdowns.
There will also be an element of leading/coaching/training the associates dedicated to your line so some form of leadership experience would be beneficial but is not a must.
What are we looking for?
- Mechanical training or background is a must.
- Experience leading / coordinating a small team - desirable.
- Experience in FMCG / High speed production – desirable.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Coordinate a small team of operators and temporary associates to achieve line targets.
- Identify and repair mechanical breakdowns on various machinery.
- Accountable for the performance of several machines, processes, or pieces of equipment.
- Assisting operators with daily productions tasks to ensure line targets are met.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth