Mars Wrigley Inc. is looking to continue to accelerate its data and analytics journey. The One Demand Data & Analytics team is a very entrepreneurial and new division set up to drive innovation and positive disruption within Mars Wrigley leveraging machine learning and AI. Our ability to solve the most wicked, muddy, fuzzy problems across Mars Wrigley in a User Centric way through Data & Analytics are fundamental to our Digital Engine and our transformation.
The Product Lead is a key role needed for our continued journey and success. This is global cross-functional role, and you will be working some of our leading and growth markets. You will be working in the Connected Insights Team with specific focus on Connecting Mars Wrigley’s Demand and Supply Functions. The role is focused on unlocking value by creating products & programs that leverage data science and decision intelligence.
What are we looking for?
- Entrepreneurial individuals who develop and hold the advanced analytics vision to drive cross-functional decision making across multiple areas of the enterprise– sales, product portfolio, category, route to market, and supply chain.
- Ability to understand business goals and challenges, convert these into a product/program, create business case, lead design thinking sessions to frame the problem and help create advanced analytics solution
- Manage and collaboratively work with both internal and external data engineering and data science teams to ensure the right outcomes are delivered through the tools and models
- Help data science and engineering teams with business context and provide feedback during the analysis phase to ensure the outcomes deliver insights/recommendations which are in line with strategic business needs
- Strong articulation skills to present insights and recommendations from exploratory analysis and Advanced Analytics model outputs to senior business stakeholders and work with product owners to define the execution plan
- For such projects, you will be responsible for the full program lifecycle from conception to prototyping, user testing, deploying, execution, measurement, and value realization for the business
- Knowledge of, and experience of demand & supply analytics: promotion optimization, media mix modelling, promotion optimization, forecasting and predictive modelling
- Knowledge of, and experience using key external third-party data sources including Nielsen/ IRI/ Store views, Kantar, Homescan Panel, Retail Execution, Shopper card, first party data (online & offline), digital shelf data, Retailer Media, and consumer surveys
- Experience advantageous in technology & ERP systems (SAP ERP, Kinaxis, Azure Tech Stack)
- Able to establish strong working relationship at all organizational levels across different functional teams
- Extensive professional experience in data science work; Retail, CPG experience preferred
What will be your key responsibilities?
This role is responsible for evangelizing the adoption of data driven decisions across Mars Wrigley by leading the development of advanced analytics methods, mining vast amounts of data from data lake (internal/ external data) to provide actionable insights for solving business problems or finding opportunities for profitable growth & efficiency.
- Lead design thinking sessions and gather business requirements for the relevant problem space
- Bring in new ideas and solutions to business stakeholders and help create a phased plan of execution
- Ability to lead complex analytical exercises/projects delivering actionable insights and work closely with the product owners to embed the capability within business routines
- Map business process and identify ideal step within the business process to embed our products
- Communication and presentation of insights and recommendations to business stakeholders inc Market GMs, Regionals & Global VPs and Directors
- Program/Product update to senior Mars Wrigley leadership
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Deliver keeping an optimal balance of time to deliver and level of detail/accuracy given data availability and/or imperfections
- Lead and govern strategic partners in our eco-system for the capability
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth