Fantastic opportunity ahead to drive our Mars Food purpose “Better Food Today. Better World Tomorrow." in the role of a Global Food Procurement Excellence Effectiveness Lead!
As a member of the Global Food Procurement team you will drive the effectiveness of the Global procurement function in Food and contribute to maximize performance by driving the execution of the long term strategic effectiveness roadmap. This role is critical to drive organizational change through upskilling capabilities on People, Process, Tools and Systems to ensure the commercial function delivers high performance on a consistent basis. This role is accountable for design and execution of the Commercial roadmap. The role supports the overall delivery of the functional and capability agenda. Your Line Manager and partner in this journey will be Global Strategic Sourcing Head Mars Food.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement related fields, direct procurement knowledge (raws & pack) is an advantage
- In-depth understanding of procurement fundamentals & strategic sourcing is required
- Food industry experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Proven results in category management and building commercial capabilities (tools, process, systems)
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrable leadership ability of planning, managing and delivering complex projects at a cross-functional or enterprise-wide level
- Strong change management credentials, ability to develop a compelling vision & execute the strategy with excellence
- Strong business acumen, analytical & quantitative skills
- Ability to drive for results in the pursuit of challenging stretch goals
- Proven ability to make sound decisions in complex and/or ambiguous business environments
- History of building internal and external relationships and interaction with management at all levels
- Working in complex internal organization setting – partnering and influencing across functions and markets regionally and globally
What will be your key responsibilities?
- This role will oversee the entire Food Effectiveness program, implement a three-year transformation roadmap including functional excellence, and Commercial scorecard to steer the team to ensure results delivery year-on- year.
- As a member of the Global Food Commercial Team, you contribute strongly to the development, communication & implementation of the Global Commercial’s excellence goals and strategies.
- You lead the development & delivery of Global Commercial Effectiveness objectives & strategy ensuring the alignment to the business needs and Commercial’s overall objectives and strategies and you work in collaboration with all global Food Commercial team. On top, you are accountable for the transformation of ways of working and delivery of the agreed business financial objectives and key performance indicators.
- You ensure that all the commercial team is giving the right level of support, adoption and responsiveness on commercial effectiveness related aspects.
- You collaborate with other business segments & x-segment Data & Analytics and Digital Transformation teams on commercial effectiveness related programs to drive standardization and represent Food divisional needs and lead communicating & adopting in Food the agreed initiatives. You ensure data and systems support is consistent with delivering the strategic effectiveness needs.
- You develop standardized templates, tools, processes, analytics and common vocabulary for deployment across the function that enhances overall performance.
- You lead both internal & external benchmarks for the function to drive and enhance functional performance
- You lead procurement processes to measure strategic sourcing performance across all Global Food procurement scope, including but not limited to capturing category value delivery, forecast of inflation, risks & opportunities pipeline & net impact in the P&L.
- You lead the Supplier Relationship Program (SRM) for the segment.
- You sponsor activities that will boost both the productivity and broader commercial agenda (e.g. Risk Management).
Context and Scope
The role interacts with a significant number of senior stakeholders across the business and is required to influence without authority and drive change through the others. The role requires significant Procurement experience and a mindset of looking outside to drive best in class. It is critical that this role understands how both the Global and regional processes interacts and hot to drive action in both. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills both orally but also visually, capable of creating a clear vision and action plan
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth