- To support the transformational needs, this role is a member of the Digital Plants Transformation leadership team and serves as a business strategy partner to the technical teams on the ever present need to balance program delivery and prioritization of initiatives. This role could be based in manufacturing hubs in Americas or Europe with 10% travel to allow critical activity cadence with key stakeholder groups.
- This role will bring Global consistency to Pet Nutrition through establishing collaborative ways of working and applying situationally appropriate tools (e.g. meeting notes templates, action trackers, timelines, charters, presentation templates, meeting facilitation guides, reporting dashboards, stakeholder communication documents, etc.).
- The PMO role is focused on the pursuit of continuous improvement of project management activities to maximize the team’s inputs/outputs to achieve business objectives faster and/or more effectively.
- A Program Manager plays a critical role in ensuring that team tacit knowledge is made explicit through the use of business tools for knowledge sharing (SharePoint, One Drive, One Note, etc.) and fosters a team culture of knowledge sharing & open communication to maintain business continuity in an environment of constant change.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering / IE - or business, finance
- 5 + years’ professional experience working in a business environment
- 3 + years’ experience leading and managing programs with multiple stakeholders, preferably regional and/or global teams.
- Ideally PMP project management certification (or equivalent) preferred
- Excellence in program management with attention to detail and strong influencing skills to be able to get work done through others.
- Strong business acumen with ability to comprehend technical initiatives and translate into manageable program scopes with clear deliverables and metrics of success.
- Experience managing cross-functional and globally dispersed teams.
- Comfort in navigating complex systems and processes, and in effectively scoping, shaping, and driving program and key activities to achieve deliverables on time and in full.
- Fully operational skill level in initiating continuous improvements and co-creating improved ways of working through strong collaboration, communication and project management.
- Understanding of risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Effective communication skills including:
- Synthesizing qualitative updates across various teams into clear and concise reports
- Ability to customize message to suit the audience from peers through senior management
- Effective stakeholder management to ensure program updates are cascaded accordingly
- Strong organization skills, thoughtful decision making and ability to think on your feet
What will be your key responsibilities?
Objectives, expectations, and performance will be set and measured by the Digital Factories Transformation Lead with additional input of the Regional Engineering and IE leaders. The key PMO services in scope for this role include:
- PROGRAM DELIVERY:
- Design, implement and maintain the overall program plan structure, tracking and reporting program status and health.
- Gate keeper of interdependencies within all roles supporting program
- Design, implement and manage the risk and issue management process: ensure its robustness, adherence but as well tracking/communicate of risks and issues.
- Design, implement and manage the governance process between PM Office and Steering group, ensure quality and speed of submission.
- Manage the meeting cadences, progress on the waves and key milestones and deliverables.
- Implement a robust quality management and assurance process of the program structure itself.
- PROGRAM & PIPELINE REPORTING:
- Lead critical discussions and informed decision making within the Steering Team through reporting of key initiatives and priorities.
- Ensure ruthless prioritization of activities through the adherence to the metrics and priorities.
- Escalate issues and delays with thoughtfully considered mitigating tactics.
- Provide dashboard reporting of transformational initiatives and measures such as readiness, sufficiency and financial metrics.
- Document decisions
- Enforce corporate governance surrounding qualifications for transformation funding (80% rule, etc.)
- Facilitate financial funding approval processes for bi-weekly and monthly portfolio community meetings.
- Drive consistency and best practice across all project management community to ensure consistent tools, processes and governance for all projects.
- COMMUNICATION, CHANGE- & RESOURCE MANAGEMENT:
- Create targeted communication to key stakeholders (e.g. PNSLT, Regional Leadership Teams, GELT, etc.) as demonstrated through cascading messaging from key leadership meetings, governance meetings or workstream meetings etc.
- Organize and lead leadership meetings through the use of curated topics, coordinated pre-reads and clearly stated actions and follow-ups.
- Collaborate with regional and global capabilities.
- Partner with the S&F resource for budget tracking and incorporate its review into leadership meetings to discuss risks and/or required corrective actions required to stay on track
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth