Pet Nutrition R&D Data Steward
UK or USA based
UK Salary Range: £60,000 - £70,000 + 20% bonus + £7,500 car allowance per annum.
USA Salary Range: $115,300 - $135,000 + 20% bonus
The Pet Nutrition R&D Data Steward is responsible for establishing and embedding the processes, responsibilities and metrics that are required for effective data governance (including quality, accessibility and change management) across the function. The jobholder applies knowledge of the R&D ecosystem and partners with a diverse range of stakeholders at regional, global and cross-segment level to enable Pet Nutrition R&D data to be connected and used in ways that drive business value within the function, division and segment, whilst preserving data security.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in science, engineering or IT discipline. (Essential)
- 5 years’ experience in R&D, ideally across multiple R&D disciplines. (Essential)
- Global business perspective including working across functional and geographical boundaries.
- Knowledge and a track record of establishing data management practices is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Defines and implements data standards, processes, responsibilities and metrics across Pet Nutrition R&D to ensure effective data governance and drive data quality.
- Contributes Pet Nutrition R&D data ecosystem knowledge to enable new digital capability building and insight generation in line with functional and segment strategic priorities.
- Shapes Pet Nutrition R&D data strategy and enables aligned data decision making by collaborating across multiple business dimensions.
- Leads Pet Nutrition R&D input to the definition of data standards and policies that require alignment across Petcare ecosystem and beyond in partnership with the wider data steward community.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth