Salary: £25,000 - £29,000 plus annual bonus
Mars Pet Care is growing rapidly, and we’re now looking for Production Operators to join us at our production site in Birstall. Production Operators are key to us keeping cats and dogs across the UK happy, and truly creating a better world for pets.
As a Production Operator, you’ll operate, control, and monitor factory machinery. With the aim of optimizing efficiency, keeping our high product standards as well as ensuring the factory maintains a safe, professional, and clean environment.
Without production operators our products would never reach the market, so you’ll be vital to our work.
You’ll need to be ready to work a shift pattern (3 days 2 nights 5 off, 2 days 2 nights 5 off, 2 days 3 nights, 4 off)
What are we looking for?
- You’ll need to be educated to GCSE level or above
- You’ll be great within a team, working alongside other Associates to help us deliver our great products
- You’ll be a strong communicator, able to read situations and act accordingly
- Ideally, you’ll have experience within an FMCG factory environment, though this isn’t required.
- If you hold a current FLT license, that would be a bonus (but again, not required)
What would be your key responsibilities?
- You’ll ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective shift handovers occur
- You’ll control and monitor machinery within a specific area in the factory to ensure product quality, safety and efficiency, whilst maintaining a clean manufacturing environment
- You’ll carry out regular quality checks to ensure we’re meeting our own high standards
- You’ll contribute to, support, and improve team performance by working closely with other Production Operators and Manufacturing Associates
- You’ll be comfortable escalating issues within your area, ready and able to perform minor technical repairs and perform first-stage diagnostics on manufacturing equipment.
What can you expect from Mars?
- We’ll give you a competitive salary and benefits package, including annual bonus, and excellent pension
- A strong focus on your progression and development, with a development plan, and access to Mars University
- Access to discounted product in our Mars Associate shops
- Excellent maternity and paternity packages because we value you and your family
- Private medical care as well as life assurance schemes
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth