The main goal of Commercial Operations Lead is to ensure an External Manufacturing supplier base we can trust, by delivering growth projects, resolving issues in daily operations, driving operational excellence via supplier performance management and leading value leadership initiatives.
What are we looking for?
University degree preferred
Knowledge of and experience in Supply and preferrably Procument best practices
Good communication and interpersonal skills
Dealing with ambiguity and problem solving skills
Excellent planning and organizational skills
Ability to organise workload
Ability to analyse data and assess information quickly
Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Managing day-to-day operations for External Manufacturers in Europe and resolve (potential) issues impacting service
- Leading the periodical Supplier Performance Management meetings with the co-manufacturers in Europe
- Being responsible for project management during execution phase with the aim to deliver successful implementation of new suppliers and new activities at existing suppliers
- Driving Operational Excellence (continuous improvement) at suppliers, in terms of service, efficiency, cost, and quality
- Risk management: Develop and deploy risk mitigation strategies
- Being the Owner of Procure to Pay cycle: Interacting with Central Service Team to efficiently run the end-to-end procurement process and optimise ways of working
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth