This is an exciting opportunity to join a 3-year Apprenticeship, where you will be working towards the Level 3 Food and Drink Technical Operator qualification. You will take part in fantastic training courses and team building events, whilst tackling real challenges and taking on real responsibility. You’ll need to be a great team player and communicator, with the motivation to get results and a positive mindset. As a Mars Apprentice you will gain a professional qualification, as well as on the job experience.
Salary £17,100 rising on completion of each academic year + annual bonus + benefits.
It’s undeniable: Pets truly make the world a better place. That’s why we’re inspired to make A Better World For Pets™, a world where they’re healthy, happy and welcome. It's safe to say, at Mars Petcare, we're passionate about pets, and their health.
What are we looking for?
- GCSEs Grade C / 4 or above (or equivalent) in Maths, English and preferably a Science
- A demonstrable interest in leadership
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The desire to learn
- Willing and able to travel to our Castle Cary site and to Bridgewater & Taunton college
What would be your key responsibilities?
From your first day at Mars, you’ll get quality mentoring and coaching from our experienced associates, as well as:
- Developing leadership skills to enable you to lead a team to achieve results
- Learning how to operate, diagnose faults and repair our equipment
- Working across both process and wrapping areas
- Applying all relevant Mars quality and safety systems to ensure the safety of people and products is maintained.
On successful completion of the Operations Apprenticeship you will have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to take ownership and accountability for a number of machines, processes or pieces of equipment and carry out complex operational tasks, enabling you to coordinate a team of operational Associates to achieve line KPIs and take the lead in repairing mechanical breakdowns.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Want to know more about the recruitment process? Visit the Apprenticeship page on our careers website
We are keen for all applicants to demonstrate their full potential. If you require any support or adjustments during the recruitment process for any reason, including those related to a disability please contact us at email@example.com. Any information you provide will be treated in confidence.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Mars UK provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Mars UK is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth