Multi Skilled Engineer
Wolverton, Milton Keynes
Summer Shift Pattern 2x12 hour shifts, Monday-Friday, Days only
Winter Shift Pattern Week One: 5x12 hour shifts, Week Two: 2x12 hour shifts (days, nights, and weekends)
Annual Salary £40,000-£42,000 (including base salary, shift allowance + company bonus)
Mars have been a global company, and family owned business for over a century. For generations, you and your family — including the four-legged members — have loved our brands, products and services. Some of our most loved products include M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, ORBIT®, SKITTLES®, PEDIGREE®, WHISKAS®, Ben’s Original™, and Dolmio®.
Our Mars Horsecare factory has been producing Spillers, the nation's number 1 high quality horsefeed for over 50 years. Just a 25 minute drive from Northampton, this factory has an opportunity for either a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer, to join and start your career with Mars today.
Opportunity for professional development, plus over the summer months you will work only 2x weekday shifts per week!
What are we looking for?
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification/experience.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Provide all technical representation and activities for the Operations lines (on the tools) up to a maximum of 50% of the time.
- Lead co-ordination of Planned events (shutdowns, PM’s etc).
- Work with the Continuous Improvement engineer / R&D and Industrial Engineering to analyse the unplanned technical losses of the lines, aligning Continuous Improvement activities with the maintenance Shift Manager.
- Coach the Operations team on ways of working to ensure our processes are followed.
- Participate in the Factory Management Operations meetings having clarity on unplanned losses from the lines.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 diverse and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
We asked employees of Mars UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Mars UK
4,000 In the UK
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Slough, Waltham, Castle Cary, Birstall, Plymouth